Some good truck news for a change.

My bro in law and 2 good friends and my self all have 2014 trucks with absolutely no issues. We have owned them for several months. This got me thinking, so I started asking owners when ever I had a chance, gas stations, grocery store, malls.....anyway today I talked to the 15th owner and all were very happy and would buy again. No one had a vibration issue and most had not even heard about it. I have no doubts that people are having serious issues that are not being fixed, but it is not as widespread as it would seem reading posts here.

I did talk to an elderly gentleman that just got home from a 2600 mile trip pulling some kind of trailer and he was disappointed he only got 15 mpg.

I have 3 friends with '14 Sierras. One came from an '12 Ecoboost that was a pile, and he's happy with the truck. Another came from a 2006 Sierra SLT, and he's happy with his truck. The last friend had an '11 Silverado LT2 before his '14 SLE Z71, and is not extremely happy with it. The headlights are not good, the ride is rougher than the '11, the transmission is jerky, and he's not getting any better mileage with it over the '11. He had wished he had kept his old truck.

Most serious issues involve a couple dozen or so people that naturally migrate to the web looking for answers. The problems are real but they may make up 1% of owners if even close to that. It just seems like a major problem in our tiny little world. We have a 15 Tahoe that we simply love.

The reality is that while a great majority of these trucks will be great, a few won't because of the assembly line. Getting trucks built fast makes money and so some of them don't get the attention they should. But I'm glad to hear people are happy with them. I'd hate to see someone (or myself) spend north of 35 grand on a truck and then have countless problems. It sucks and I know cause of my 2004 sierra HD lol

Everybody I know who owns a 14, don't have any problems either. I've never heard of anybody complaing about vibration issues either; unless you come to this site. You come to this site; people here make it sound like everybody has problems.

I'm glad to see this thread... I am actually trying to decide between a Ram or Silverado; I like them both pretty near equally. They both have pros and cons over one another, but are pretty much the same.

I have been reading all the problems with the 2014/2015 trucks and from reading online, it seems like every truck has the vibration, rust, paint, and heated seats problem. It's good to know it's not as widespread as it appears.

I have a tough choice ahead of me, but feel a little better towards GM after reading this. Thanks for posting.

Its gonna look like everyone has problems with there trucks. This is the issues, recalls, service section. Many other sections that praise there truck. I have issues with mine, thats why I posted in this section. Glad you and all you have talked to have good ones, but like I said its an internet forum where 1000's of people come looking for answers and to vent. Not just a random guy at the gas station.

One year 12K miles, all good. I do the same every one I see in gas etc I asked no complaints. I get my free car wash at the dealership about every 2 wks or so. I ask people there in the waiting room if they would buy again all say yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my 2015 Silverdado LT. I had a vibration issue that the dealer corrected immediately. Both rear tires were replaced and road force balanced. I came out of a 2006 F150 which treated me right for nine years but this truck is more comfortable, quieter and better on gas.

I just bought a new 14, we have no expressways so i don't travel over 65 mph, after reading the vibration issue I took it out and got it up to 70-80 mph and sure enough it's vibrating. Guess im gonna call the dealer to see what happens first. Not excited about spending this kind of cash for a truck that vibrates. Coming off a 07 classic crew cab that was smooth as silk.

How about this: instead of posting your opinions, why don't you compile some real statistics from GM on how many owners brought their vehicles in for warranty work concerning these major issues. Then you will have some real data to work with. Also, keep in mind that not everybody perceives problems the same way. Some people are extremely meticulous, bothered by the slightest squek, others just drive the vehicles even if they have a slight vibration or other problem.

How about this: instead of posting your opinions, why don't you compile some real statistics from GM on how many owners brought their vehicles in for warranty work concerning these major issues. Then you will have some real data to work with. Also, keep in mind that not everybody perceives problems the same way. Some people are extremely meticulous, bothered by the slightest squek, others just drive the vehicles even if they have a slight vibration or other problem.

Why?? I don't understand why so many people on here get so buttsore about other people complaining about their vibration...If you don't have one .. I'm happy for you!! But on the other hand you shouldn't spend 35,000 dollars and up and then have to turn around and spend money for new tires,new headlights(different bulbs hid conversions rigid lights) to make these trucks acceptable!! Believe me I have pounded my chest and praised GM for years just like most of you others on here have,but some act like if they speak up GM will be mad at them and not sell them no more trucks

Why?? I don't understand why so many people on here get so buttsore about other people complaining about their vibration...If you don't have one .. I'm happy for you!! But on the other hand you shouldn't spend 35,000 dollars and up and then have to turn around and spend money for new tires,new headlights(different bulbs hid conversions rigid lights) to make these trucks acceptable!! Believe me I have pounded my chest and praised GM for years just like most of you others on here have,but some act like if they speak up GM will be mad at them and not sell them no more trucks

You took my post the wrong way, I was addressing the original post which attempted to minimize this vibration problem as 'rare". I think it is real and not rare at all. I was asking that those who claim that these problems are so "rare' to back it up with some real data. I certainly believe that people have every right to complain if they get a faulty product for their hard earned money and do not get any satisfaction from the manufacturer when attempting to take care of the problems under warranty. While there is a certain number of GM apologists on these forums, I certainly am not one of them and I have absolutely no ties to GM. In fact, many of my posts have been attacked by GM apologists/GM PR people around here.

You took my post the wrong way, I was addressing the original post which attempted to minimize this vibration problem as 'rare". I think it is real and not rare at all. I was asking that those who claim that these problems are so "rare' to back it up with some real data. I certainly believe that people have every right to complain if they get a faulty product for their hard earned money and do not get any satisfaction from the manufacturer when attempting to take care of the problems under warranty. While there is a certain number of GM apologists on these forums, I certainly am not one of them and I have absolutely no ties to GM. In fact, many of my posts have been attacked by GM apologists/GM PR people around here.

You are correct..I did take the time to go back and read your post a couple times. When I read the last part where you said that people have them and drive without complaining, I have been thinking that all along. I am willing to bet the farm that more of these trucks have this condition (some more, some less) but its there. Without going into it, in my job of 38 yrs of troubleshooting you would be surprised how many people will argue with you when pointing out certain problems!! They will swear up and down your wrong even when its in their favor or its as obvious as the nose on your face and still cant see it. I just didn't think it would go good if I started posting that every truck has it and people just cant "detect" it

I've been building, selling, repair, equipment for 40 years, cost anywhere from 20K to 1 million dollars. To say people will miss an opportunity to bitch is unrealistic, I don't care how minor the problem. And always think they can do it better. Oh by the way my truck is as good as it gets and I know quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived