Condensation on the inside of windshield

Anyone had this issue. Haven't had a chance to post this since it happened a few days ago. but the other morning went out and my windshield was completed covered in condensation-- on The INSIDE!!!!

30 years of car ownership this is a first. Turned defrost on and it dried up pretty quick, but how does this happen. Even if vents from air system were left open there shouldn't be enough to cause this amount of moisture to build!

This has to parallel the outside odor issue we continue to have as well.

Has anyone else had this issue, is it possible their is a bad seal on the windshield? Questionable though because I've not seen leaking from car washes....

Thoughts please

Here in humid Florida I had this happen several times when I left the sun shield up overnight. This is a metallic sun shield and probably helped trapped humidity between the windhield and the sun shield, which then condensed into water droplets on the inside of the windshield. My truck does not leak and everything inside is dry. This condensation never happened without the sun shield in place.

If a vehicle has a leak and carpets get wet, you will typically see condensation on the inside of all windows, esepecially in warm weather.

Edited by pm26

Here in humid Florida I had this happen several times when I left the sun shield up overnight. This is a metallic sun shield and probably helped trapped humidity between the windhield and the sun shield, which then condensed into water droplets on the inside of the windshield. My truck does not leak and everything inside is dry. This condensation never happened without the sun shield in place.

If a vehicle has a leak and carpets get wet, you will typically see condensation on the inside of all windows, esepecially in warm weather.

That's interesting and may be my problem. I noticed the problem develop over the summer when I was using a sunshield more. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

No other moisture in the car other than the windshield that day. Just went out and looked at it today, and the outside is covered in normal outside frost like condensation, the inside again has a small amount of dampness to it, but not like the other day.

There has to be a gasket or vent or something not closed or sealed all the way. It is also most likely the cause of the outside odors that come even when in recirculate...

No other moisture in the car other than the windshield that day. Just went out and looked at it today, and the outside is covered in normal outside frost like condensation, the inside again has a small amount of dampness to it, but not like the other day.

There has to be a gasket or vent or something not closed or sealed all the way. It is also most likely the cause of the outside odors that come even when in recirculate...

Hmm have you checked your headliner closely? I know some people were having some leaks around the XM antenna. Also I think some had some leaks at the windshield seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem going on more or less. The performance of the HVAC is way different than any GMC I've had before. Any significant moisture outside (fog, rain or snow) automatically makes me have to run the defroster to clear the front window and keep it on.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem come and go a couple of times and I found it to be the antenna leaking. I knew condisation like the way I was getting it wasn't normal. The headliner doesn't asorb the water on my truck so I coundn't tell it was the antenna until I started to see it drip from the sunvisor mount.

I am trying to see if anyone has removed their headliner to see how well the antenna is mounted. And I hope GM comes

And I hope GM comes up with an official fix for this and not a patch job with silicon/rtv crap. That is bull to me, they need to revise the design and issue new antennas!!!

See this post http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/158522-water-leak-in-the-roof/ for more info and my other post about this issue

Hello GM are you following this issue or will everyone have sinky mildewed trucks in about a year???

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I had a 2014 gmc all terrain with condensation problems also ac would turn on in the winter time ?? Another good product from GM. This was one of many problems with the 2014 gmc line . Traded my gmc before it's first oil change don't buy a 2014 gmc , trust me I have lost thousands because of GM ,

Anyone had this issue. Haven't had a chance to post this since it happened a few days ago. but the other morning went out and my windshield was completed covered in condensation-- on The INSIDE!!!!

30 years of car ownership this is a first. Turned defrost on and it dried up pretty quick, but how does this happen. Even if vents from air system were left open there shouldn't be enough to cause this amount of moisture to build!

Has anyone else had this issue, is it possible their is a bad seal on the windshield? Questionable though because I've not seen leaking from car washes....

Thoughts please

Any chance there was unusual moisture source in the truck a couple days ago?

Spilled bottle of water?

Snow melted on floor?

Window was down a bit when the truck go washed?

And the source could be a leak from the exterior somewhere, or a leaky heater core.

High humidity, for whatever reason, and glass temperature below the dew point is what causes condensation on the glass.

(Yes, here in the rust belt we usually see it on the outside when the humidity gets high overnight, but it can be inside or both.)

Unless it becomes a recurring issue, ignore it.

• 3 years later...
On 12/22/2014 at 6:19 AM, Beltboy said:

Thoughts please

I've had this issue consistently with my '18 Colorado.  It really doesn't seem to matter what the conditions are outside, rain, snow, cold weather, dry...  I am concerned simply because I've never seen this in any other vehicle I've been around.  I'd really like to know why it is happening.  I can understand the explanations seen in this forum, but these suggestions do not explain away the consistency of the issue with my pickup. 

Edited by Fishingbearclaws
need to be notified