Dome light solution

After my last 5 GM trucks from the 90's, IMO the new reading lights are the best I've seen. Why? Because to me, all other ones were blinding and glaring while the new one's (I believe they are LED?), don't glare and blind me or the passengers, and just light up below. Now I have an SLT with buckets, so I don't know if they are different in other versions.

Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get some small, round flush mount LED lights, drill holes in the overhead console and tap into the existing dome light wires?

I don't see the outrage over this. I have a double cab and the 4 LEDs light it up pretty good. Now the regular cab folks I can see how they're not happy because all they have is the 2 front LEDs and don't have any kind of dome light. With the double and crew cabs the 2 LEDs in the center of the cab that's for the rear acts as the dome lights. Hell even the small LED for the cub holder is nice.

Lights work great for map lighting, but do nothing for trying to find something in that big beautiful console I have, heaven forbid if I was a business man and had to take some notes,

I like the LED map lights and I have a light inside the console but mine is a SLT is that the difference?

I like the LED map lights and I have a light inside the console but mine is a SLT is that the difference?

Mine's an LT but I don't have a light in my console. The 4 LED lights light up my double cab just fine and they're not blinding if you have to use 1 or all of them while driving. I don't see how anybody is complaining about them unless they have a regular cab. I turned just the front 2 on last night and it lit up the cab just fine except for behind the front seats, but if they're folded then it may help. So I can understand the regular cab guys complaining about just have the front 2 LEDs and no other light for the back of the cab, but the double and crew cabs having the 2 in the middle for the back light up the back just fine. Hell I even noticed a small LED in the front panel with the front LEDs and switch just for the cup holders. I also just noticed a small LED in the door handles. So I think they did a great job with the interior lighting, just they should have added a rear dome light of some sort for the regular cab guys.

Archived