Heated steering wheel

I work for that dealer. So as long as you provide the part number to them. The Yazaki terminal is in TRAY 9 by the way. Not all dealers keep the terminal trays these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work!

Good to see another person joining the crew of people willing to build harnesses to retrofit these trucks.

• Like 2

I work for that dealer. So as long as you provide the part number to them. The Yazaki terminal is in TRAY 9 by the way. Not all dealers keep the terminal trays these days

This is great information and exactly what I have been looking for to get mine up and running after the clock spring and wheel install. I believe I found the terminal for the fuse block. Please see the link and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delphi-Connection-Systems/12065915/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKuUHqGbD0E77htlB%2fRbo8IM%3d

This is great information and exactly what I have been looking for to get mine up and running after the clock spring and wheel install. I believe I found the terminal for the fuse block. Please see the link and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delphi-Connection-Systems/12065915/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs7eK6h2EBtKuUHqGbD0E77htlB%2fRbo8IM%3d

That appears to be it!!

Okay!!! I've got it up and running! Gonna have it added to my build sheet for the vehicle that way it can be warrantied by the 3 year 36,000 miles bumper to bumper....yes you can do this!

67d0208e5d61571ea515cd2bb711599d.jpg

75664424838129912c20afbd19555122.jpg

New steering wheel airbag coil

0befcfbddde098d196590c59591d8657.jpg

8196890077440962423be42701df7fcb.jpg

8cb16c1b6cb96f0c054dcac3aa3faed3.jpg

1b51d103e419cf187def61777e9676f6.jpg

897acbcb5d4e8d2780c74f9f636ad19f.jpg

Edited by Justin101714
  • Like 2

How can you have it added to your build sheet?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

You have to provide GM part numbers and an invoice of the sale of those parts to you. At most dealerships they have a warranty administrator who is the person who adds RPO's to vehicle build sheets. These RPO's will appear in the bottom section of the vehicle build when it prints out at the dealer. They use the part number of your add on and pick the closest labor operation for the add on. It is submitted to GM and it is then added to the build. Therefore it's now warrantable. I've done this on previous builds I've had. Plus, my fiancé is a warranty administrator, so that kind of helps. Even if you got to the parts dept, they'll have the amended part number for the change. Only hiccup will be, you have to have a repair order showing it was installed at the dealership. Without this, it can't be added. So, start making friends at the dealers!!!

Edited by Justin101714
  • Like 2

You have to provide GM part numbers and an invoice of the sale of those parts to you. At most dealerships they have a warranty administrator who is the person who adds RPO's to vehicle build sheets. These RPO's will appear in the bottom section of the vehicle build when it prints out at the dealer. They use the part number of your add on and pick the closest labor operation for the add on. It is submitted to GM and it is then added to the build. Therefore it's now warrantable. I've done this on previous builds I've had. Plus, my fiancé is a warranty administrator, so that kind of helps. Even if you got to the parts dept, they'll have the amended part number for the change.

Had no idea this could be done. Can this also be done to the DL3 Mirrors and Auto Dim Rear View? I would understand them not being able to do the DL3 Mirrors since the method of having them functioning is not a GM supported method. Also, I have upgraded front/rear lights to Factory LED (with inline resistors on a custom made harness). Would they even consider this? Just thinking out loud here if/when it came time to sell it/trade it and have these extra options that could be considered in the overall value of the truck.

Had no idea this could be done. Can this also be done to the DL3 Mirrors and Auto Dim Rear View? I would understand them not being able to do the DL3 Mirrors since the method of having them functioning is not a GM supported method. Also, I have upgraded front/rear lights to Factory LED (with inline resistors on a custom made harness). Would they even consider this? Just thinking out loud here if/when it came time to sell it/trade it and have these extra options that could be considered in the overall value of the truck.

Value of the truck won't change because the trim model doesn't change. The truck will always be a LT without any of your addons as far as the sales department goes, but yes. The components of your DL3 upgrade can't be warrantable. Like I said, you need to have a paper trail of the install and this needs to be on an official repair order from a dealership with the warranty labor operation attached to the job. Each add on requires its own separate job line on the repair order since it will be a warranty accessory add on.

Just forget the tail lights, that more than likely won't work. The headlights are just plug and play aren't they?

Edited by Justin101714

Did you have the crash avoidance button before? Wondering if that wheel will work even if you don't have the avoidance sensors.

I didn't have any of that stuff. It's separate circuits. It works just fine

• Like 1

Where does this go?

Value of the truck won't change because the trim model doesn't change. The truck will always be a LT without any of your addons as far as the sales department goes, but yes. The components of your DL3 upgrade can't be warrantable. Like I said, you need to have a paper trail of the install and this needs to be on an official repair order from a dealership with the warranty labor operation attached to the job. Each add on requires its own separate job line on the repair order since it will be a warranty accessory add on.

Just forget the tail lights, that more than likely won't work. The headlights are just plug and play aren't they?

Makes sense. I can't chase this then :)

As for the headlights and taillights, headlights plugged right into existing harnesses but needed resistors to correct hyperflash. For tail lights, they needed a new harness that plugs into the the lamp itself. But it needed resistors as well.

This is the terminal for the fuse box side. The x201 terminal is listed in this thread.

So let me make sure I understand. Sorry for my lack of intelligence on wiring. I need the terminal, this "harness" and then the wire to the wheel and the clock spring. And then it is plug and play.

• Like 1

1. Steering wheel

2. Clock spring

3. Wire with terminal ends to the fuse block X2 connector pin 37 and to the X201 connector, pin 41.

I supplied pictures of almost everything earlier in the thread. Did you read any of it?

• Like 1