Heated steering wheel

1. Steering wheel

2. Clock spring

3. Wire with terminal ends to the fuse block X2 connector pin 37 and to the X201 connector, pin 41.

I supplied pictures of almost everything earlier in the thread. Did you read any of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then... but yes. Until you can get in the truck and play around with it yourself it's much more difficult to comprehend... at least for some. Especially not knowing what's in the truck currently.

So let me make sure I understand. Sorry for my lack of intelligence on wiring. I need the terminal, this "harness" and then the wire to the wheel and the clock spring. And then it is plug and play.

Maybe this will help. You will need a new wheel and clock spring.

This graphic below shows the new 2-pin pigtail that comes from the new clock spring that accommodates the heat.

Check to see if you have the mating end that comes out of the larger wire loom below. If you have that, check if it's hot. If it's not, you'll need the extra wiring to complete the circuit to the Fuse Panel.

d0fc8814b4a29b319e93597f2dd2066b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Will be doing this mod soon. 8" io5 upgrade, upgrading cluster as well as adding in the steering wheel controls with heated steering.

Just need to get my cluster which I should have tomorrow then get that programmed.. then work begins.

Great thread here.

• Like 2

Will be doing this mod soon. 8" io5 upgrade, upgrading cluster as well as adding in the steering wheel controls with heated steering.

Just need to get my cluster which I should have tomorrow then get that programmed.. then work begins.

Great thread here.

I should have made a video of the install. I can still make one actually. Just need to find the time. I use the heat just about every morning.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The dealer sold you Yazaki terminals by themselves? Hot damn! I find the pre-terminated lead to be overpriced and try to find the terminals by themselves from Mouser and crimp them myself. Then again, being able to get them immediately from the dealer... and not having to wait...

Do you have both terminals and could you send me one of each for $10

• Like 1

Do you have both terminals and could you send me one of each for $10

I'm on vacation until 7/9. I would have to check what I have when I get back.

I checked mine with my voltmeter and it isn't hot. Looks like I'll need to make a wire also.

So you have the 2-pin pig tail in the wire loom? The 2-pin goes to the X201 then from X201 to X51L if I recall. Sounds like you'll need wire/terminals from X201 to X51L.

The wire does go from X51L IP FUSE BLOCK LEFT to the X201 connector above the BCM. Connector X2 terminal 37 gets a (if I'm not mistaken [emoji851]) mouser 829-13849930-L and at X201 a Yazaki 7114-4110-02. Install it along with the new steering wheel airbag coil and you're good to go!

Oh and if you'd rather buy the terminated leads for the X51L side of things the part number is 19301761 comes in a pack of 5

Edited by Justin101714
  • Like 1

So you have the 2-pin pig tail in the wire loom? The 2-pin goes to the X201 then from X201 to X51L if I recall. Sounds like you'll need wire/terminals from X201 to X51L.

Yup. The plug is there, it's just not hot. I'll need to get this done sometime.....before winter.lol.

• Like 1

Yup. The plug is there, it's just not hot. I'll need to get this done sometime.....before winter.lol.

It's too hot right now and will be too cold in the winter! [emoji23]