Heated steering wheel

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

This what you’re looking for?
0aad2273b2e00a0f5584d1a9cd01615d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that helps alot.  I recently did this heated steering wheel swap in my 2016 sierra elevation edition pretty much a fancy WT model no audio controls etc changed out for a 14 denali wheel and the 23381964 clockspring but now i dont have any steering wheel lights. as well the indicator light is out for the heated wheel . That being said the heated wheel works great and the cruise functions work just no lights..

I just got my steering wheel and clock spring in and for some reason the lights don't work on my wheel. I have a 2015 WT and I installed the clock spring (23381964). I don't have the plug so I had to fuse tap. Cruise works like it should and I plugged back in the old wheel to see if the lights worked and they do, just not on the new wheel. Anyone know how I could fix this??

Edited by sierraguy2015

On 10/29/2017 at 11:03 PM, Linden Dobbs said:

Yes that helps alot.  I recently did this heated steering wheel swap in my 2016 sierra elevation edition pretty much a fancy WT model no audio controls etc changed out for a 14 denali wheel and the 23381964 clockspring but now i dont have any steering wheel lights. as well the indicator light is out for the heated wheel . That being said the heated wheel works great and the cruise functions work just no lights..

Wow, I completely missed your post. I guess we are in the same boat. If I remember correctly, my steering wheel might be from a 2014 too. I will check and get back! It could be a wiring difference in the wheel since there are different clock springs and one of them was discontinued (assuming that the one that was discontinued was for the 2014 model year and we have clock springs or 2015+). 

Now that Winter is here [middle of Canada - (Saskatchewan)], I really miss the heated wheel from my old vehicle.  I am looking at doing this upgrade to the '17 RCSB. I need the jumper wire between the left fuse block and the connector above the BCM.  As such, I am hunting for a local source for the terminals (shipping can be a killer in Canada).  Can someone confirm that these that I found will work?

Grote-metri-pack-280-series-18-14-gauge-female-10pk

Grote-metri-pack-280-series-18-14-gauge-male-10pk

Going to try and tackle this same job on my 2014 Silverado tomorrow.

I've never swapped a clock spring before....any advice?  Does the new clock spring that I got from GM Parts come already centered or do I need to center the clock spring myself?

Can't wait for a heated steering wheel!!

It’s not too bad the hardest part is fishing the wire up behind the dash where the clockspring unplugs. Not much room. And when I say “not much room” I mean zero room. Lol. 

Just dont spin the clockspring when it’s not in the column. It can break the wires inside. A nice pair or snap ring pliers will save time and frustration also.  

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎08 at 12:59 PM, SASK_RT said:

Now that Winter is here [middle of Canada - (Saskatchewan)], I really miss the heated wheel from my old vehicle.  I am looking at doing this upgrade to the '17 RCSB. I need the jumper wire between the left fuse block and the connector above the BCM.  As such, I am hunting for a local source for the terminals (shipping can be a killer in Canada).  Can someone confirm that these that I found will work?

Grote-metri-pack-280-series-18-14-gauge-female-10pk

Grote-metri-pack-280-series-18-14-gauge-male-10pk

I'm still hoping someone can confirm that these terminal ends would work on either ends of the wire between the 2 connectors.

I'm also wondering what is different on steering wheels from the 2500/3500 truck and the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban's...I've seen a few steering wheels from these vehicles but when you run the part numbers, it looks like they don't fit the 1500's.  Ex: 84053939,

Any help would be greatly appreciated .  :)

Edited by SASK_RT

So I just finished this mod. Complete with jumper wire from the left fuse block to the connector above the bcm. Everything works well with the steering wheel but when I was all done and started the truck I got the following message in the info center..."Steering Assist Reduced..."

Does anyone have any idea if I this could be related to my adding the wire to the x203 connector above the BCM...maybe I dislodged a different wire.  Or...could it have been caused by turning the steering wheel back and forth while the battery was disconnected to get at the airbag removal slots.  I did this in my garage with full weight on the tires.  Could have forcing the steering wheel to turn have caused a physical issue?

The research I've done varies from a chassis code reset to a "gear in the electronic power steering" needing to be replaced.

Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Justin101714 said:

Is your airbag light on SASK?

No...Airbag light is not on. And everything seems to feel OK while steering.  Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Justin101714 said:

And all the functions work on the wheel?

I think so...I have scrolled through the menus with the right side buttons and successfully used the rear buttons.  I have not used the cruise control yet but the light came on in the dash when I turned on the cruise.

1 hour ago, Justin101714 said:

Disconnect your negative battery cable for 15 mins then reevaluate

I have tried that a couple of times already after the install. But not since I took it out for a test drive. I’ll try it again later.  I’m thinking/hoping a chassis code read/reset will eliminate the message. 

The only time that i see the message is at start up. I just dismiss it.