4l80e tranny swap

I have a tranny out of a 6.5l chevy diesel. that was rebuilt. The motor went out so i pulled the rebuilt tranny and scrapped the truck. I now have a 2002 chevy 2500 6.0 gas that i want to put it in. they are both 4l80es. the only difference i have seen are the return lines. The 02 lines are larger and have different connections. (i believe they are referred to has quick connects?) as apposed to the holes on the tranny that are just the double flare thread ons. Can the lines be reduced without causing problems? if so how?

You should probably talk to a GM tech on this. These new trannies are programmed for a specific motor/truck combo and may not cross without some remapping of the motor or tranny.

Unfortunately, this ain't the good ol' days of vacuum shifting automatics anymore...

I believe he is swapping 80s not a 60 to an 80 ,

6.5s typically had 80s behind them

I had a 700 and a 60 behind my old 6.2,diesel 1/2 tons (85 and 93)

Maybe he can clarify , he saying the fittings on the tranny are different for cooler lines .

It should plug and play but I not sure if torque converter stall is different ( diesel to a gas )

Maybe TC mount holes in flywheel are different , who knows

They are both 4l80e's. The converter has a different stall speed. (I had already planned on replacing it) The 02 has an extra hole on the top of the bell housing. (7 rather than 6) The flywheel bolts all line up. I go my question answered. We just had to cut the lines back and use a compression fitting to go to the smaller line. They also make fittings if you were putting a newer tranny into the older truck to adapt to the push lock connectors that gm went to in the later models.

Archived