What is the OEM spare tire size and brand?

Well some of you know I had my spare tire stolen off my truck a few weeks back. I finally got my replacement spare wheel and the spare tire hoist. So all that is left is to get a new tire mounted on the wheel.

Can anyone tell me what the spare tire size is? I'm thinking its probably 265/70r17 since thats pretty close to the 275/55r20's overall diameter, which is what the rest of my tires is.

Also, can anyone tell me the spare tire brand? More for curiosity sake. I will likely go with the least expensive tire possible, but if the OEM tire is a close second in price, I will go with that.

Thank all

Unless GM is doing something different these days, the OE spare is always the same size and brand as the rest, the only difference is they use a cheaper steel wheel. I believe Good Year is the current OE tire and is what your truck likely came with, however checking on my end there is a plethora of brands available in 275/55R20, so you could just go with the cheapest you can find for the spare which is likely to hang under your truck unused and collecting dust anyways, so no reason to spend big money on it.

I thought it was weird, but that's whats on mine.

Truck is 12 days old.

spare.jpg

Do you have 22's on your 4 corners?

Unless GM is doing something different these days, the OE spare is always the same size and brand as the rest, the only difference is they use a cheaper steel wheel. I believe Good Year is the current OE tire and is what your truck likely came with, however checking on my end there is a plethora of brands available in 275/55R20, so you could just go with the cheapest you can find for the spare which is likely to hang under your truck unused and collecting dust anyways, so no reason to spend big money on it.

Yea, I bought a new spare wheel, but I will get a cheap tire for it. I know it wont ever get used, but better safe than sorry.

my exhaust looks like crap for a 12 day old truck.

Hope that is mud and not rust.

Do you have 22's on your 4 corners?

Yea, I bought a new spare wheel, but I will get a cheap tire for it. I know it wont ever get used, but better safe than sorry.

No, factory 18's. 265/65/18 goodyear white letters.

Base Z71 wheels and tires.

Yes, I notice the spare is larger then the factory wheels and tires.

I didn't put any of them on there. Have to ask GM why.

No, factory 18's. 265/65/18 goodyear white letters.

Base Z71 wheels and tires.

Yes, I notice the spare is larger then the factory wheels and tires.

I didn't put any of them on there. Have to ask GM why.

Hmm. thats interesting. Well. I guess I'll see whats the better deal at the tire shop.

wonder why I got a 285. Seems to big to me. I'm glad it is the same size as my new tires.

But why? 265/70/17 would have been same as what is on my truck.

I'm also a 1/2 ton 4x4 Regular Cab. Not a 2500 or anything like that.

Ok... I just went out there and washed the tire. I wanted to know for sure.

It is a 265/70/17. Even that picture looks like a 285. Weird illusion or something.

lol, no worries. The picture does indeed look like 285. Thanks for checking further.

100% sure Goodyear Wrangler HP, p265/70/17.

Thanks. I had a hunch. Much appreciated.

Archived