Album Art and Intellilink

Does anyone know what the trick is to get the art work to show up on the display. I went through all the albums I downloaded to the USB and updated the album info in windows media. The art work appears on my computers but only about 1/4 of them show up in the truck.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I play my iPod in my 14 Sierra the album artwork shows up fine. I haven't tried with an sd card.

Get all my artwork using an SD card too.

To OP, have you put the USB back into media player and verified the artwork is there? I once spent a long time organizing my library and then forgot to click the update option before pulling out the stick/card.

Yes, all albums where updated and save to the computer. After the update I copied them all to me USB drive.

Check the extensions on your files. Are they all mp3? Or are there some m4a's in there too?

combination of DisCoverArt.zip and Mp3tagversion 266 will get artwork and format it correctly to ALL your MP3 collection. Insert artwork into MP3 Infotag and display corecctly on dashboard... PM me and i will send you instructions and software install files

if you a rip a CD into I-tunes and put it on usb in coverts to mp4- artwork

if you download music(online) in goes into I-tunes converts to mp3 - no artwork

processs was simply dragging the files from iTunes straight into the usb folder.

anyone else experience this?

I would like to get all the art work from my iTunes into my truck also

You can use iTunes to search for artwork, usually does a pretty good job. If I download an album from say a torrent, artwork is usually included but not embedded, it comes a separate picture file. You can point the album or song to the pic location in its properties from iTunes. While on the usb they could be looking for the artwork file path stored on your computer, just a guess. If you have the artwork as separate pic files, maybe try adding those to your usb as well, then pointing the songs on the usb to that pic location on the usb for artwork?

-Britt

what is happening is when viewing the albums on your PC, your media player or browser is pulling album artwork from either a web service by searching based on the .mp3 idv3 artist, song, or filename -or- has constructed a local database of album art that is cached and stored separately from your music.

what you need to do, is find a media tagging software package that embeds the album artwork in the mp3 idv3 tag itself. here is a pretty layman article: http://www.richardfarrar.com/embedding-album-art-in-mp3-files/

I got all OCD about my artwork a few years back. Googled every album I had at the time and downloaded the pictures to a folder called album artwork lol. Your actual songs aren't physically in iTunes either, it's just an interface per-say to listen to the music. For example, I keep all my music on my apple time capsule, and play them on my computer through iTunes. So my music files aren't even on the computer itself, I'm just using iTunes to play the songs off the hard drive upstairs.

-Britt

Archived