Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone tell me, or better yet pictures, where the lube points are under the truck.  I seem to remember reading some where that there are 6 points.  True?  Where are they?  Thanks.  Any particular type I should use?

I've got 11 on mine.

4 total for upper and lower ball joints

2 for outer tie rod ends

2 for inner tie rod ends

1 for pitman arm (I think it's the pitman arm.  Pass side tight spot)

2 for I can't remember where off the top of my head.

Hope it gets you started at least.

There is a great site floating around here somewhere with good pics, I just dont have it right now but I am sure someone will post it soon. There are actually 11 I think, 3 in each wheel, 2 on two little arms going out, and 3 more under the skid plate that can be tricky to get to, but arent too bad with a long hose.

You just type slower than I do  :devil:

Thanks for the help guys.  It would be great if someone posts the pictures.  What type of lube should I use?

I forget what little codes the manual says. But I just find any with those codes, some use synthetic, some dont. I havent had any problems with non synthetics so far!

Okay, so I've been searching the forums for a while with no luck finding a howto and pictures for a newb wanting to do his own lube jobs. This was the most promising thread so far that I've found but the link is dead! :cheers:

The 11 fittings are easy to find. It helps to turn the wheel to get at some of them.

Dan

There are eleven. The link above (Tech article) does a good job of showing you where they are. Make sure you find all eleven; some are very hard to get to.

My dealer and their mechanics told me there were only ten. Totally wrong. I have a 2000 Suburban 1500 2wd.

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.