Black GMC emblem on Denali

When I replaced the full emblem on mine it took all of 10 minutes and didn't have to take anything else off lol. Rear one just 5 minutes but that one I just replaced the gold insert.

The new emblem does look better than just plasti-dip or vinyl. I'm glad I replaced both of mine with aluminum ones.

I just followed a YouTube video haha ...you have to remove the grille to pop the emblem out at least on the gmc denali.

From what it looked like, you would have to do that on the Chevy also if you want to keep the whole thing intact but I figured a factory plastic emblem wouldn't be worth the time. All I did was the same as the tailgate emblem, drill holes very slowly where the plastic rivets were and the insert popped right out. Then the trim part on the grille I just snapped the tabs that hold it onto the grille. The rear emblem the only way to keep the trim and replace the insert is to drill the insert out at the rivets. The front one you'd have to drill if all you were going to replace was the insert, but I did then whole thing since I figured that looked better with a chrome grille.

When I replaced the full emblem on mine it took all of 10 minutes and didn't have to take anything else off lol. Rear one just 5 minutes but that one I just replaced the gold insert.

The new emblem does look better than just plasti-dip or vinyl. I'm glad I replaced both of mine with aluminum ones.

Pics of your replacement emblems?

Archived