AUX switch install

For most of you you don't want to put holes in your new truck. I have a solution for you. If you haven't seen it already.

On some of these trucks (ie work models) you can get upfitter switches that go where your traction control and cargo light switches go.

Trucks with only "traction control" & "cargo lights" can use this. ( if your truck has bed lights or a park assist it won't work.)

Looks like this d853e64d9587972cc5b975e6404df679.jpgthe empty switch is just a blank. (Does nothing)

This switches are ground controlling. So you can hook them up to the negative of a relay. Mine are on the way and I'll take/show how it works.

Edited by smcgillis10
  • Like 4

im gonna have to get this...you would still have to run wires into the cab though right?

Yeah. Originally the wires run to the fuse block on the passenger side of the dash to relays and a wire system there but if your truck wasn't equipped with them the wires won't be there.

So you would have to run some wires. I'll be able to tell you for sure when mine come it and I go to install.

• Like 1

Yeah. Originally the wires run to the fuse block on the passenger side of the dash to relays and a wire system there but if your truck wasn't equipped with them the wires won't be there.

So you would have to run some wires. I'll be able to tell you for sure when mine come it and I go to install.

oh ok, well keep us posted how it turns out, i have one switch already hidden but id rather have this setup then 4 switches under my dash haha

I was able to get a part number for the switches out of a 2015 that has seven toggles. I am going to order those and the "upfitter switches". I was also able to remove the individual switches and chrome seperator bits out of my current switch bank, it took a lot of effort but it is possible haha. So long story short I am going to steal the AUX1 and AUX2 toggles out of the upfitter unit and pop them into the unit from the 2015 in the Lane Departure and Exhaust Brake locations and then wire my light relays off of there. I'll get some pics up as soon as possible but I probobly wont have time until mid July. Apparently the switches are at least 10-12 business days away.

For anyone interested I did some research and there are 30 unique switch banks you can order, here's the list with the detais I know for certain:

23145158 (TC / Dome Light / Blank / AUX1 / AUX2 / AUX3 / AUX4)

23145162 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / HDC)

23145202 (Pedals / TC / Dome Light / Park Assist / LDW / HDC / Exhaust Brake)

From this thread post #26.
there are upfitter switches with all the options but it only leaves you 1 extra switch, and if you want it to say AUX instead of the exhaust brake, you would need to get 2 different switch sets.
Edited by henrypbui

From this thread post #26.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/161931-need-multifunction-switch-instrument-panel-diagram/

there are upfitter switches with all the options but it only leaves you 1 extra switch, and if you want it to say AUX instead of the exhaust brake, you would need to get 2 different switch sets.

As far as I am aware there is only one "upfitter switch" which has 4AUX toggles. Those other part numbers just cover all the other variations of switch banks that control OEM truck options.

Below is a picture of what it looks like once you combine part #23145202 with #23145158 (upfitter).

I've been working on this for a long time and it's very difficult. Each switch does not have its own wires, rather they push buttons that are mounted on a circuit board inside the thing. If you look through my other thread it explains what I'm trying to do, I just haven't finished the project yet because it's so annoying.

AUX1 used to be "Lane departure warning"

AUX2 used to be "Exhaust brake"

I'm going to try using the signal from those two systems to trigger relays for the lights.

Here's where I'm at so far - two switch sets mixed together:

finishedswitch_zpsecf87229.jpg

Edited by colton_m
  • Like 2

For most of you you don't want to put holes in your new truck. I have a solution for you. If you haven't seen it already.

On some of these trucks (ie work models) you can get upfitter switches that go where your traction control and cargo light switches go.

Trucks with only "traction control" & "cargo lights" can use this. ( if your truck has bed lights or a park assist it won't work.)

Looks like this d853e64d9587972cc5b975e6404df679.jpgthe empty switch is just a blank. (Does nothing)

This switches are ground controlling. So you can hook them up to the negative of a relay. Mine are on the way and I'll take/show how it works.

simple question.....

does the switch for the cargo light have a small light too ?? my oem switch have a small orange dot in front to confirm the lights are powered and on this picture it seem it doesn't have a light as aux 1 to 4 have

and other question .....bed light and cargo light work togheter .......why this switch can't work ?

Edited by ravageur1972
  • Like 1

simple question.....

does the switch for the cargo light have a small light too ?? my oem switch have a small orange dot in front to confirm the lights are powered and on this picture it seem it doesn't have a light as aux 1 to 4 have

I don't know yet. Still waiting for hem to come in. It doesn't look like the cargo switch has a light. Didn't even notice that before.

I don't know yet. Still waiting for hem to come in. It doesn't look like the cargo switch has a light. Didn't even notice that before.

thx smcgillis10

take a look on the post from cotton_m number 11 we can see this switch with a light .....maybe another switch model ?

i would like to order this switch but need the light loll

if someone have an answer to solve this . i take :)