Dash lights - change color

Chevys are blue. GMCs are red. It would most likely be pretty costly to change everything over. It was a big deal just to get the dealer to get my radio backlighting to work on my first early build 2014 Silvy. ( on some early build chevys they were shipped out with non working radio backlighting) The red is what kept me from buying GMC. It reminded me of my last VW. If it is possible that would be cool.

Thanks Ill Stick with the Red

Mike C where did you get power for the floor lights?

Both of the floor lights that I have are connected under the driver side dash to wires behind the black cover.

The color changing floor lights are wired into the dash lights. It's the yellow wire under the dash in the green connector.

D23956DC-8277-4F20-8D66-2C4FACA289B6_zps

The white lights that activate only with the dome lights are connected to the solid grey wire that can be found in the top left connector. There is another grey wire right next to it but it has a white line on it as well and that is for the puddle lights

F72E96CB-C2AC-40F6-808F-67BECA1D7F5E_zps

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

1. sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

2. This answers my question, as I want to go from the blueish green to red.

3. If anyone with a 2016 GMC equivalent to a 2016 Chevy LTZ wants to trade... Should be plug and play correct?

Edited by Rosedog

1. sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

2. This answers my question, as I want to go from the blueish green to red.

3. If anyone with a 2016 GMC equivalent to a 2016 Chevy LTZ wants to trade... Should be plug and play correct?

I've heard they are matched to your specific VIN...

Edited by ChevyRoofer

• 2 months later...

I bought a 2016 Sierra Denali and it got totaled 2 months ago. I just got my 2017 Denali last night. The blue dash lights on the new truck are terrible and looks like something u would find in a Jetta dash board. The red steamed GMC and toughness. The pastel blue is soft. I Absolutely hate the blue. Big mistep by GM

I 49791123852__F7BA4BC4-9A79-47FE-B87D-0A050D5CAE06.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I really wanted the GMC Canyon, with the All Terrian Trim package. The truck is fitted with a red stitch interior, which looks amazing. I test drove a 2017 GMC Canyon All Terrian, only to be disappointed with the green dash lights. The green dash lights do not match the red stitch interior. GMC should have stuck with the red dash lights to match the all terrain trim package post-170084-0-82310000-1488681039_thumb.jpg

post-170084-0-82310000-1488681039_thumb.jpg