Driver alert seat hurts

Just bought a 2015 1500 with the driver alert seats, the two pieces that are buried in the seat dig into my legs and are very uncomfortable. I have the bucket seats. Anyone else having problems and if so what are your recommendations. Dealer tried repositioning and adding more padding (they also concurred that the devices were not in the right place) but that has had little to no effect.

Makes the seat very uncomfortable - looking for ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same issue, took it to the dealer, measured for levelness, nothing. Swung by an upholstery shop and they felt that there was either more foam or a denser foam used on the right hand side of the seat than the left.

They said they could redo my seat but I decided to ride it out, a few thousand miles later and the pain is gone.

More here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164915-drivers-seat-comfort/

I'm surprised you can't use the seat (up/down/tilt/fore/aft) and seat back adjustments to find a comfortable position. I messed with mine for quite a while to find the sweet spot, but am now happy with it.

When you find it, don't forget to save the location as a memory position.

I'm surprised you can't use the seat (up/down/tilt/fore/aft) and seat back adjustments to find a comfortable position. I messed with mine for quite a while to find the sweet spot, but am now happy with it.

When you find it, don't forget to save the location as a memory position.

I have been moving the seat around a lot to try to get my weight off of the two ....lets call them probes....have not been able to ....damn my football players thighs....I will keep trying or will have to have them removed....thanks for your comment.

Can't you switch the setting from alerting via the driver seat to audible? Or is that a different option?

Yes, 'Alert Type' can be changed in the personalization settings available thru settings on the radio screen.

Alert Type
This feature will set crash alerts to
beeps or seat vibrations. This
setting affects all crash alerts
including Forward Collision, Lane
Departure Warning, and Parking
Assist alerts.
Select Beeps or Safety Alert Seat.

Can't you switch the setting from alerting via the driver seat to audible? Or is that a different option?

Yes but it is not the vibration of the probes ... It is the location ... On or off they are still pushing into leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but it is not the vibration of the probes ... It is the location ... On or off they are still pushing into leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you use the adjuster to tip the seat base to an angle that is more comfortable?

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here but with a 2015 Tahoe (i know this is a GM truck forum)

You cannot adjust the seat or turn off the sensor to fix the problem.

The problem is that the Lane Departure sensor digs into the back of the thigh.= even when off.

It is about 1/2 dollar size and very uncomfortable.

My dealership, Thousand Oaks Silver Star Chevrolet, said there was nothing they could do, that was in the design. Well it is a design flaw.

I contacted Chevy customer support. I will request the the sensor is put deeper in the seat, or padding is added, or the sensor is pulled out completely. For $61k+ such a disappointment.

Did not notice when I test drove in jeans, but in lighter weight pants very obvious discomfort.

I have no problems with this in my truck just a gentle vibration when the alert activates, and no feel whatsoever with normal driving.

It makes me wonder if they have different cushions for the driver alert and maybe in the ones where they feel it they put regular cushions in the seat. Maybe some kind of mistake on the line.

That's why I stand by my other post and say if you're up to it, take the seat cover off and maybe cut away just enough of the cushion to lay the driver alert in.

She is going back under the knife on Thrusday and I will let you all know what happens after that, I have had at least 10 people of similar build sit in the seat (not fat but not skinny...lets say husky) and they all can feel it and even the service tech said that it seemed to be really near the top of the seat but their first attempt at just putting foam above it failed. So hopefully the second try will shed some light.

Will let you all know.

Archived