Gas Pedal Buzzing/Vibration

Hi All,

I have searched the forum and didn't find anything related to my problem. Most people with the vibration in the gas pedal said it was not speed or rpm related. I started noticing this a pedal vibration/buzzing a few month ago and tried to let it go but now it is driving me crazy. I started noticing this when I got new tires, maybe it is just a coincidence which I do think it is. Let me first start by saying the tires are perfectly balanced and no vibration anywhere else in the truck so to speak, but wondering if the new tread design creates the tiniest road resonance but hard to believe the new tires would cause that since they are smooth as silk. Mine started off at about 45mph under load. Since then the range has broadened and now the pedal buzzes from 40-50mph. I tried tightening some of the bolts and brackets around the pedal and it helped a tad but since is just as bad as before. Are there any others experiencing this? Any help/solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I also had a buzzing feeling from the gas pedal at various speeds. i have adjustable pedals. I checked all the attachment points, everything was secure. Read a post that suggested using foam double sided tape where the pedal arm contacts the bracket around and behind the pivot point. Kinda hard to describe. However since I crammed the tape in there I haven't noticed the buzzing anymore.

Hope this helps.

I also had a buzzing feeling from the gas pedal at various speeds. i have adjustable pedals. I checked all the attachment points, everything was secure. Read a post that suggested using foam double sided tape where the pedal arm contacts the bracket around and behind the pivot point. Kinda hard to describe. However since I crammed the tape in there I haven't noticed the buzzing anymore.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Fyrman, appreciate the info! If it's not too much trouble, when you have a chance can you take a picture so I can see when you put the tape? I think I have a good idea but just want to make sure. Thanks again!

A while back, I posted a review of my 2015 in the 2500 section. At the time I commented on occasion I felt a vibration in the gas pedal. This sounds weird, but its almost like a tiny shock that went up my leg. No one event seems to cause it. Its random and does not happen to often. I know its not me since I drive two other vehicles and never experience this.

You're the man, thanks Fyrman appreciate you taking the time to snap the pic. I was out looking at mine during lunch and I have the adjustable pedals too. I put a box around the area I think you are speaking of, is this correct?

832d37e967985efdcc01caf8e970713b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Fyrman, do you have the pedals set as far agains the fire wall as you can? Mine are probably 3/4 of the way and I can get to it with the double sided tape but it doesn't seem to be touching anything so I'm not sure if it will make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I randomly get this vibration too. It isn't the loose gas pedal bracket, I already tightened mine up. I believe it's a random quirk of the powertrain. Any time I feel the buzz through the pedal and I pull over, turn the engine off, then restart it, the buzz is gone. It's a minor annoyance but I'd be interested in finding out just what it is.

Archived