What did you drive in High School?

sahls01gmc

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

1st _ 1984 Mercury Topaz

2nd _ 1995 Chevrolet G20 Beauville (My parents designated me school bus driver of the family since I was the oldest)

1992 Pontiac Bonneville

1995 Chevrolet 1500 W/T 1/2T 4.3L 5spd MT

1998 Chevrolet Lumina

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2T 5.0L/700r4 AT (swapped 5.7L/400TH)

1977 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe, 3/4T 5.7L 3spd MT

1984 GMC High Sierra (diesel) (only on special occasions, was my dad's truck)

Yes, that list is accurate, I worked more often than not while in high school. 4 were my parents vehicles, 4 of those vehicles were registered in my name at one point or another. There is also a 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass project car, never driven to school though. I was driving starting my Sophomore year, which gave me ample opportunities to drive our various vehicles.

1968 Ford Fairlane 302 2V canary yellow I wish I had a pic shackled it UP in the back and put a set of SS hub caps on it. GM Hub caps seemed to have made it faster....

• 4 weeks later...

4 year old 1966 Chevy C10 with a 283. Liked it so much that I have been looking around at some totally restored C10's from that 1960-1966 era.

In high school I had a '88 GMC S15, regular cab, manual steering, brakes, and transmission. Only options were heat, wipers and a radio. Less things to break!

Had the SUPER anemic 2.5 liter, 4-cylinder, Iron Duke Tech-4 (or 4-Tech depending on where you read it). Gutless slug - definitely saved my life though. Was too slow to hurt myself in ... but I sure tried! I could chirp 3rd with this thing. :lol:

Then I went and jazzed it up with a Cali cruiser look I was trying to imitate - the girls around town were into that sort of thing. Embarrassing to look at today though, although that air horn was a source of ENDLESS entertainment! Used to scare the shit out of everyone with it, everywhere I went. Shocked I never got a ticket for using it - I got tickets for everything else! :lol:

Put 40k HARD, hard miles on it. Launched it off jumps (railroad tracks and bridge in town had STEEP lips on them - hit them at 40 and you're airborne :D ) 4 feet in the air several times, took it off road where it should never have gone, and mercilessly revved that little engine to 5,500 RPM every single time I left a stop. Carfax showed it lived until '00 with 140k miles at it's last registration. AMAZING!! I did maintain it damn good, but who knows what broke on it with that poor final owner!

S15%20pickup%201990_zpsxxcni6fo.jpg

1. A 1985 Toyota pickup 2wd, long bed, auto trans with only 80k original miles. Was a one owner that my step grandpa bought brand new in 85. I wrecked it 3 times before I finally totaled it by flipping off a bridge.

2. A 1976 international scout with a 360 big block and 3 speed stick on the floor. Paid $1000 for it back in 2002. By far my most missed vehicle to this day. Didn't know what I had at the time and sold it for $850 to a buddy.

3. 1991 Lincoln towncar. White leather interior. Was a great car for partying and cruising in. Gave this thing mad hell! Drove it for 3 years after high school with almost no maintenance at all. Sold to a buddy for $300 and he drove it for another year. Damn thing was indestructible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 two door 4x4 tracker beat the shit out of it till I blew the rear end out axle actually came out while driving lol than the Transmission blew up. Only paid 200$ for it lol was good to me though got me all they way through high school than some.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Archived