What did you drive in High School?

sahls01gmc

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

1955 Chevy Bel Air Two Door Hardtop.  It had the "Big Engine", 265 c.i. 180 h.p. with a Carter 4 barrel, dual exhaust and a 2 speed Powerglide transmission.   The base engine was a Blue Flame straight six and the baseline V8 was the 265 at 162 h.p. with a two barrel and single exhaust.

Later I put in a 350 mated to a 4 speed Olds hydro using a 50's vintage GMC bell housing and torus.  I wish I still had it!

First car was a 1962 Plymouth valiant. Paid $100 for it and drove it for over a year. It had plywood floors in the back because of the rot. Slant 6 wouldn’t die. Next was a 65 Chevy Nova V6 four door. I paid $300 for it and had it for almost 3 years. Those were the days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

First car was a 1962 Plymouth valiant. Paid $100 for it and drove it for over a year. It had plywood floors in the back because of the rot. Slant 6 wouldn’t die. Next was a 65 Chevy Nova V6 four door. I paid $300 for it and had it for almost 3 years. Those were the days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic!  A "Batmobile"  Look at those fins!   My wife had a white one when we met.  I drove it a bit.  Pushbutton on the dash automatic trans.

690012_20649675_1962_Plymouth_Valiant.jpg

During high school - a '63 Grand Prix, with a 421HO engine, 6 pack, 4 speed manual (with seemingly a 200lb clutch), and a 4.11 rear end.  Put your foot in it, the front end would come up high enough you couldn't see over it, and the engine torque would roll it about 15 degrees to the right.  Go through 25 gallons of premium in about 2 hours.  But it was fun!

Archived