What did you drive in High School?

sahls01gmc

Drove in high school? How about a 3 speed CCM bicycle. This would be back in the '50s. My first car however, was a '51 Pontiac with a flat-head 6 cylinder engine. Cost me $200.

You must have really been in the chips. All we had were 1 speed bicycles. :ughdance:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'64 Chevy Nova...dad bought it for $200 on his lunch hour. Drove it home and surprised me! I learned to love that car and it loved me. Everybody cool was driving Camaros and Firebirds. When I went off the college it was dubbed "Aldo Nova"!!!

I had a 1971 Torino 302 dark green 4 dr. bought from a grandma $550. with a dent left rocker panel. Sparks and carbon blew out the pipe when I nailed it a few times out on the highway. I bought a new set of white wall tires , Brother in law gave me his trans mounted Am/FM 8 Track player and installed Realistic speakers in the back. Got broadsided and totaled in parking lot by dumb lady in a big Impala. Insurance paid $700 and sold it for $200 used money for down payment for a red 74 Nova 350 eng with A/C

post-135913-0-61819900-1421462562_thumb.jpg

I would only get to drive my mothers car in high school if she did not have anything to do that day, but nights and weekends I got to drive the 1964 Rambler American 220 Station Wagon with a flat head 6 cylinder automatic trans, no power brakes or steering, and or a/c!!! But you could lay the back seat down and the front seats reclined all the way back down to make one heck of a rolling whore house!!!!!!! The I got "MY" first car a 1967 Chevelle SS 396. With 350 HP 4 speed no power or air, ran the crap out of that car (yes I would like it back) :jester:

Man, I feel old. First car was a '69 Camaro, first truck was a '66 Ford 3/4 Ton. This was in the 70's, when 8-Track players were state of the art.

I would have to go through the archives to find pictures, but may do that some day.

I bought my own too. You make it sound like everybody that has a car or truck in high school they're parents bought for them. That's just what it sounds like you're saying with that first line. All I did was save up money until I needed my own truck.

Not at all. I DO see it far too often.... THAT was my point. IN fact, a kid I went to school with, Nathan D., his parents bought him a new 'Vette for graduation. He never made it to the ceremony. He killed himself with it.

My first car I bought was a 1960 impala 4dr with a straight 6 and three on the tree and no radio.

Ours had the six as well with a Powerglide behind it....gutless as hell lol.My first purchased car was a '56 Chevy wagon 265,three on the tree with OD,the one with the t-handle under the dash....I totally ruined that car.Dad it junked while I was in boot camp lol.

Ours had the six as well with a Powerglide behind it....gutless as hell lol.My first purchased car was a '56 Chevy wagon 265,three on the tree with OD,the one with the t-handle under the dash....I totally ruined that car.Dad it junked while I was in boot camp lol.

Mine sat at my grandpas for about 7 years then I got it running again and drove it a couple of times and then sold it to help put my wife through nursing school about 12 years ago.

Archived