cobrajet84's 03 Tahoe build thread

cobrajet84

NO longer have the 07 silverado, this is the new toy

03 tahoe lt, 5.3L

Had one missing and one broken fog light, so replaced those, got weather tech floor liners for her, blacked out the bowties. Thats it so far. Sorry she is dirty and they arent very good pics.

0104151910.jpg

0104151910a.jpg

0104152112.jpg

0104152112a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice! Tahoes are pretty nice. Found that out a few years ago when I had one as a rental.

Thanks, I miss my truck, but this thing is pretty sweet and way easier on the wife and kid when they both sit in the back.

Got the intermediate steering shaft and the steering bearing replaced yesterday. Man that job is a pain in the butt. Very tight quarters and everything is very tight fitting. It was hard to get the proper pressure in areas to put stuff together. Plus the Tahoe had adjustable pedals so to get the intermediate shaft out I had to remove my gas pedal. One of the nuts there was not fun to get at. Simple project really but took hours to do. I've seen some guys say it only takes 30 mins, but their parts must not be as tight fitting as mine, as least that's what I'm telling myself, lol. So it was a pain but it is done. No more steering wheel clunking sound!

(Will post a few pics later)

Here is the few pics I took when I replace the intermediate steering shaft and the steering bearing. Just comparing old parts to new parts. No actual pics of the install as it was frustrating and their are plenty of videos out there explaining how it is done.

0228151840b.jpggreen is new

0228151840a.jpgBorgeson shaft is much more substantial feeling than the one that came out.

Did the first really good washing since I got it in november. Its had some drive through washes but no hand washes. Did the interior last night and then cleaned the outside today.

0308151737a.jpg

this is the first pictures I have put up with the mud flaps on. They are the weather tech no drills. Front are super easy to put on. Did both of them in the same time it took me to do one of the back ones. The back ones are only tough just trying to get the right angle to get things in. Backs would probably be really easy if you jacked up the back end and took off the wheels, just didnt want to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a pull it yourself junkyard today to look for some parts. Was after a rear bumper and mirrors as my bumper has a dent and my mirrors are supposed to fold but dont. Well the only tahoe and suburban they had that would work for me were pretty picked over. I was able to get a cable to try and fix the passenger second row seat as it wouldnt fold down and the cable had broke. Well I got the cable installed and it still wont fold down. I'm thinking the mechanism is froze. Anyone have any idea if i can just replace the mechanism or do i have to replace the whole seat/ frame. Looks like it is riveted on.

Nice Tahoe. My wife has had her 96 since 97 and won't give it up even though it is showing some wear and tear even though the drive train is still going strong at a 155K.

Good to see somebody from Idaho on here. Guess I hadn't noticed before.

Archived