MyLink frozen screen?

• 2 weeks later...

My 2016 Sierra Z-71 screen went blank. It is only 2 months old with 2500 miles. took it into the dealer and they still have it. It has been over 2 weeks and they said it was the HML module and there inventory shows zero in stock and they are just waiting to get one in. .

• 3 months later...

I am new to this forum also new to my 2016 gmc sierra. With not even 700 miles on it my lcd my link went out. Nothing works on the screen but I can still hear music and control from my steering wheel controls. Really disappointed about this. Has anyone come across a solution for this really don't want to visit the dealer already. ( way to soon for warranty work ) I did even try to disconnect the battery for about 1 1/2 hours with no results. Pretty tough to swallow with the price tag on this things. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have had this issue and the computer was reprogrammed to fix it. The problem has returned. The screen is blank and nothing is working. I restart the truck and it works again. A couple of times have required several restarts before its functional again. Currently at the dealership for oil change tire rotation and to replace the Rad and Therm for leaking Radiator issue. They are going to look at the radio issue again.

Edited by sduff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a 2017 Acadia with 2100 miles on it. Really disgusted since my intelink screen freezes up. I can control the radio from the steering column but nothing else works, no touchscreen at all. Been to the dealer twice now for the problem. They updated it first, second time replaced the whole screen.Now they say it needs some module replaced that nobody has. anyone else having this or similar intellilink trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 2015 Silverado Lt double cab.  About 3 weeks ago, my blinkers weren't working from the inside of the truck.  I took my truck to the dealer and they reprogramed the screen.  This morning when I first started the truck the whole screen froze, nothing worked.  I tried to call OnStar, nothing (what if I had an emergency?).  I tried using the radio, nothing.  I tried using bluetooth with my phone, nothing. My blinkers weren't working.  I went to my next appointment, about 20 minutes and when I started my truck again, everything worked.  

I drove straight to the dealership to make an appointment for tomorrow morning.  The scary thing is I only have 200 miles left on my warranty.  I will fill you in on what happens after my service appointment.  

• 6 months later...

Well I am digging up this topic again. I have a 2014 LT that has this problem. 

I was sitting in the truck one day eating lunch listening to the radio. I got a warning that the battery was getting low, so I started the truck. The mylink screen booted like normal, but then it went blank. That was 6 months ago, and all it does is reboot and fail, reboot and fail. The radio is only operable with the steering wheel buttons, and the backup camera works as long as it isn't in the rebooting process. I tried removing fuses, disconnecting battery, and even took out the HMI and plugged it back in. Nothing has changed. I think I need a new HMI, but I keep seeing people say that theirs came back so I have waited. Six months is enough. I can get the HMI on ebay for around $350 for the non Nav unit. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I drop the $$.  I spoke to my dealer, and all he said was bring it in. Should I spend that $150 first or what? Any help appreciated.

Well I am digging up this topic again. I have a 2014 LT that has this problem. 
I was sitting in the truck one day eating lunch listening to the radio. I got a warning that the battery was getting low, so I started the truck. The mylink screen booted like normal, but then it went blank. That was 6 months ago, and all it does is reboot and fail, reboot and fail. The radio is only operable with the steering wheel buttons, and the backup camera works as long as it isn't in the rebooting process. I tried removing fuses, disconnecting battery, and even took out the HMI and plugged it back in. Nothing has changed. I think I need a new HMI, but I keep seeing people say that theirs came back so I have waited. Six months is enough. I can get the HMI on ebay for around $350 for the non Nav unit. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something before I drop the $$.  I spoke to my dealer, and all he said was bring it in. Should I spend that $150 first or what? Any help appreciated.
I would check with MVI first and ask about one of their custom HMI builds.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

My 14 LT is doing the same. Blank screen. Every 8 minutes or so it shows initialising. Then goes to a screen that says please install update media and remove others. System is shutting down and has a 300 second counter. Screen goes blank again't by 283 seconds. Shows 0/100 installed. 

Any idea if an update will fix this?

Yep, mine shuts off too. I haven't found anyone else with the exact problemishes til now. So, who's gonna pull the trigger and be the guinea pig? 

One dealer said sounds like I need an update. $164 and if that don't fix it I still have to pay it. One dealer said they think I have a bad screen. Bring it in for a $90 diagnostic. 

Got a trip to the mountains next week, so it will be a while before I take mine in.

Please let me know if you get yours fixed.