windshield frosting over

I'd check to see if your carpets are wet ... wet carpet will dew up the glass then cold temps make it freeze ...

Leaking door & window seals soaking the carpet or under the carpet insulation pad ?

Maybe the wet sub carpet insulation pad is wet and now frozen and thaws somewhat during driving, and when paked it dews up the glass while the sub carpet re-freezes when parked ...

When you turn on defrost make sure your AC is on, what temps are you dealing with? And yes dry out your floormats

The compressor cycles in defrost to remove humidity from the interior and reduce windshield fogging. If you try and turn the AC on by pushing the button in the winter, it won't function unless ambient temperature is above 1°C (34°F) and Evaporator temperature is greater than 3°C (38°F).

No problem with my 2015 2500 so far, but with my old Tahoe... Opening the windows would help (as the cold outside air is dry). Every so often I would park with the windows open a little (if not raining/snowing) to let the interior vent as over time it seem to build up moisture (and a layer of ice "inside" on a cold morning).

Archived