Headlamp Housing - Condensation

I have the same issue. Very little moisture/fog in the lower (high beam section) of my Silverado headlights. Also saw this on the Sierra A/T I test drove. Goes away almost immediately after lights are turned on. I'm thinking vents somewhere near the very bottom.

I'm not too concerned. If the whole headlight fogged up, then I'd be at the dealer :smash:

Yup, I believe this is a design flaw. The day I brought it home (28 Nov) I was taking pictures of it I noticed the fog in the bottom of the headlights. The dealership is replacing them tommorrow (19Dec) at my request. They said to keep an eye on them to see if the problem goes away....I'm not watching them anymore (every night) and I hope replacing them fixes the issue. I can't believe GM doesn't properly address this issue and get it corrected. I guess attention like this is the best form of advertising, not. Like the previous post said, he didn't buy the one he test drove.

post-126349-0-52314500-1387417536_thumb.jpg

I went to the dealer tonight to get my running boards and mud flaps installed and brought up the headlight issues. They hadn't herd of that before but offered to replace the headlights. They'll be in Thursday.

Did your new headlamps fix the problem??

Had my headlights replaced today (Dec 19) at the dealership. I was told they are a sealed unit except where the bulbs go in. Will keep an eye on them to see if the issue is resolved. The pictures I took have been forwarded to the next level.

Edited by sduff
  • Like 1

Had my headlights replaced today (Dec 19) at the dealership. I was told they are a sealed unit except where the bulbs go in. Will keep an eye on them to see if the issue is resolved. The pictures I took have been forwarded to the next level.

Hey sduff,

Keep us posted if anything changes! I'm glad the dealer was able to get them replaced for you.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

• 4 weeks later...

After the headlights were replaced they still have the problem...my dealership says they are working on the issue. I have an appointment next week for the reprogram (fire issue) and will discuss further to see where we are at on the headlights.

After the headlights were replaced they still have the problem...my dealership says they are working on the issue. I have an appointment next week for the reprogram (fire issue) and will discuss further to see where we are at on the headlights.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I see its been a month or so since this thread has seen any action, but has anyone or any dealer found a solution to this headlight fogging problem yet? I just bought my new truck yesterday in Illinois, drove home to Alabama and immediately noticed that the lower portion of both lights have moisture/fogging.

I see its been a month or so since this thread has seen any action, but has anyone or any dealer found a solution to this headlight fogging problem yet? I just bought my new truck yesterday in Illinois, drove home to Alabama and immediately noticed that the lower portion of both lights have moisture/fogging.

I was told it's "normal" LOL