3500HD Sierra Retractable Mirrors - Signal is blinding

Good Day,

Anyone else have one of the newer 3500HDs with electronic retractable mirrors?

I was happy when my truck arrived with them, it had been ordered in the spring and electronic retractable mirrors were not available. The good news it has them and the white led lights that come on with the bed light are really nice. Not so nice are the red turn signal lights. At night they are blinding, at least on mine. No matter how far out I adjust the driver mirror, I can not look in the mirror when I am turning at night. The same thing happens to the passenger for the passenger side mirror.

Friend of mine drove it this weekend at night, he has an earlier 3500HD, his turn signal lights are not nearly as bright.

Any one have the same issue?

Any one have any suggestions other than duct tape?

Thanks,

Don

Yes tint the front windows.

You are correct the turn signals in the mirrors are blinding!!! GM needs to change the angle of the LEDs in the mirror.

Stupid bright.

Some of us pull farm equipment and have to use the flashers all day while pulling wagons or tanks and you as simply are blinded by the LEDs. I am glad I have not had to snow plow with them yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree. They are to the point of being unsafe as it blinds you when looking left at night to make a left hand turn. I am hoping GM comes up with a TSB to replace or lower voltage.

I have thought about putting a small piece of window tint over them. I do not want to tint my front Windows as that is just looking for a reason to be pulled over in NYS.

Once again it is the angle of the LEDs, they need to angle back, the way it is now they are angled to blind the driver. Do the engineers even look at these after making them???

Good example of what looks good on paper, doesn't mean it will look good in person.

Archived