• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My truck drifts left too. I've had it diagnosed, and aligned by the dealer a couple times. But It only started after the last time I had my tires rotated. I think its a tire pull issue with the cheap Goodyear wrangler SRA tires. One of them is bad and causing the issue. Some days it is worse than other, I think on colder days as others have mentioned.

Some of it is a characteristic of EPAS. It is much more sensitive to road crown and road groves/bumps/humps etc.

OP, what tires are on your truck? Goodyear wrangler SRA?

My MPG dropped with the cold temps as well. Went from 16-17 to 13-14. Happened last year too. Its the winter blend gas. Doesn't do as well with the Direct Injection.

And yea, my transmission is flaky too. Some days its good. Some days its annoying. Idk...damn computer controlled shit.

One of the first things they said was wait until 1000 miles to let the truck settle in... I did that, it was only a 500 mile wait. Took it in and they said they thought it was okay. Next was rotating the tires, no effect. Told them I still felt it, they aligned it. Also said they aligned the steering angle sensor.

In driving the loaner, I do notice the trucks do seem to be more sensitive to road variations, but mine wanders much more than the loaner. The loaner will let me keep it on the road with my hand resting on the top of the wheel. My truck, better keep your hand wrapped around the wheel. It wanders both directions responding to road conditions, but still the slight pull is to the left.

Running 20" SRA's

I was thinking the MPG drop was legit, looking at the other posts here. My 12-13 MPG I am currently getting seemed lower than anyone else had stated though. I wonder if the pull might drop it a little as well.

Transmission... Well, I could probably look past it and get used to it if that we're my only complaint.

So far the dealer has been okay. They are trying.

There's a note that says steering wheel angle sensor needs to be aligned prior to wheel alignment. I guess the epas will try to correct to much if it's off.

I noted this to the dealer and they said they aligned it as well. Would have take their word on it I guess.

So I think, in reading reponses that my MPG is a culmination of a few things relating to GM mathematics.

(Slow warm up + cold tranny because slow warm up) * (remote starting because of slow warm up + (short commute /(8 Miles - 12 minutes or so)) = 12-13 MPG

:driving:

Running 20" SRA's

Same tires I have. And the consensus on the forums is they are junk. The pull is likely being exacerbated by the crappy tires. I have been thinking of swapping to an LT tire for a while.

Maybe... The loaner has 17" dueler h/t tires. Everything I have read says the smaller profile tires are more responsive. Aside from the pull, my steering seems to drift like my tires are low on pressure.

Update:

Service advisor called. Replacing light switch, replacing trim, parts should be here tomorrow. Didn't note the twang, didn't note the clunk. SOL on those for now. The clunk is so random I don't know how to duplicate it. Maybe I will figure it out later. Transmission. Yeah they act that way when cold. Slow warm up is normal.

They noted the pull and the wander. Didn't find anything wrong. They called GM. GM says yes, it's a calibration issue. No fix yet. No ETA on fix. I told them I did not believe it to be a calibration issue. I asked if there was a case number from GM he said yes and it would be on my ticket.

Guess I call GM tomorrow after I pick it up.

I have never spent this much on a vehicle, but I have never had so much trouble with one either. This is my 9th GM truck. Never have I had such disappointment. :throwup:

I think the dealer has been fair so far though.

3400 k miles on my tranny and still getting worse. The confusion drives me nuts when driving slowly around town.

I've given up as gm says I'm crazy and it's normal. Lol right

3400k miles is 3 million 400 thousand miles.

As it pertains to your steering issue, read his problems and then look at his results and the dealer fix on the last page.

http://www.silveradosierra.com/suspension/2014-sierra-z71-alignment-issue-t339562.html

some of the posts in that thread sure sound like my truck,especially the one where the guy mentions the steering wheel not going back to centre mine does this and more so when cold ,I may have to mention it to my dealer ,I had to fight to get the alignment done under warranty so this will probably turn out the same way but I will tell them to go straight to the steering gear and by pass all the other stuff.

Re

As it pertains to your steering issue, read his problems and then look at his results and the dealer fix on the last page.

http://www.silveradosierra.com/suspension/2014-sierra-z71-alignment-issue-t339562.html

Wow. Spot on to my problems. Hadn't done a Google search lately or I might have found it. THANKS!

I will call GM and see what they say. I have my case number from them and will call after work. My ticket from the dealer said GM specifically said "Do not attempt repairs. Calibration issue. GM working on fix"

Re

Wow. Spot on to my problems. Hadn't done a Google search lately or I might have found it. THANKS!

I will call GM and see what they say. I have my case number from them and will call after work. My ticket from the dealer said GM specifically said "Do not attempt repairs. Calibration issue. GM working on fix"

This is what these forums are for ! Give power to the people haha. Hopefully it helps your problems.

Mine was really annoying on the way to work this morning. It's weird how it's worse on some days compared to others. And it wasn't particularly cold today either.

Yup, once in a while it seemed to be okay and others worse. Made me think I was crazy. Having driven the loaner for a few days confirmed to me that I am not crazy, at least as far as the truck goes.

A bad steering gear could explain the wander and the pull because of slot in the steering mechanism and the crown compensation has no clue what is going on since the steering angle sensor would be getting false readings, I think. I don't really have enough detailed info on the system to say for sure.

Archived