There were no numbers, was unaware they put it in until the next visit. The tech called TSC and they sent it to him. Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry.

Yes, the loaner I had was driving totally different as well. What tires are on the loaner?

No worries, they couldnt replicate the issue because it hasnt been cold enough to effect the steering. Its been in the 40-50s the past week. So oh well, Im moving to Nevada next month so I wont have to worry about that.

In related news, my truck doesnt drift left anymore after they rotated my tires, so I am convinced my drift left issue was tire related.

The loaner had the same goodyear tires as my truck the SR-A "all terrain." Mine will be swapped out soon after I make the drive out to Nevada next month.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2014 gmc all terrain package steering turning radius is less than my 2013 gmc 2500 crew cab also the 2014 gmc has vibration issues in the steering wheel as for the gas mileage I was getting 12 mpg city and only had 5000 mile on truck . To bad the 2014 trucks have so many problems.To bad GM do stand behind them.

To bad GM do stand behind them.

It's only too bad for the customers. Having only bought GM trucks, this disgusts me. I am pretty much stuck with this one due to dropping the down payment and trading in my old truck my equity is now gone. Thanks GM!

No worries, they couldnt replicate the issue because it hasnt been cold enough to effect the steering. Its been in the 40-50s the past week. So oh well, Im moving to Nevada next month so I wont have to worry about that.

In related news, my truck doesnt drift left anymore after they rotated my tires, so I am convinced my drift left issue was tire related.

The loaner had the same goodyear tires as my truck the SR-A "all terrain." Mine will be swapped out soon after I make the drive out to Nevada next month.

I wonder if there is a bad batch of tires? The loaner I had wore wrangler tires and smaller. Rode better and was rock solid on the road.

Glad they got you straighten out a little. Of the two service advisors, one kept inferring I was nuts, the other just wanted to fix the truck and kept trying.

• 1 month later...

Having issues getting my truck aligned after installing Bilstein 5100s an independent shop botched it once. And the dealer has tried twice.

The truck will go straight no problem. But I have to cock the wheel right a bit to get it to do that. Once I have the wheel straight ahead the truck wants to go left.

The service writer is trying to say it's the crown in the road around where we live. But it's not. Otherwise it would go to the right.

Getting annoyed. Gonna have to make a call to GM and escalate the situation soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having issues getting my truck aligned after installing Bilstein 5100s an independent shop botched it once. And the dealer has tried twice.

The truck will go straight no problem. But I have to cock the wheel right a bit to get it to do that. Once I have the wheel straight ahead the truck wants to go left.

The service writer is trying to say it's the crown in the road around where we live. But it's not. Otherwise it would go to the right.

Getting annoyed. Gonna have to make a call to GM and escalate the situation soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing they started telling me. Crown, normal, etc... After a couple months and a new steering gear assembly, it goes straight. At least until there is any slope, hole, whatever, then it's off to that side.

After 25 years of driving GM, I am looking at a Ram right now.

Same thing they started telling me. Crown, normal, etc... After a couple months and a new steering gear assembly, it goes straight. At least until there is any slope, hole, whatever, then it's off to that side.

After 25 years of driving GM, I am looking at a Ram right now.

Also, if they did not center the steering angle sensor, it will give the computer fits trying to figure out the crown compensation. That is part of the alignment process and I would hope the dealer would know all that...

Well I ended up adjusting my tie rods myself. I pulled the left wheel in and pushed the right wheel out. about 1/4 each respectively. The truck is now back to driving straight. Had the alignment checked for free at a local NTB. I looked at the machine and it was now perfect in spec.

Sometimes, if you want something done...gotta do it yourself!

Well I ended up adjusting my tie rods myself. I pulled the left wheel in and pushed the right wheel out. about 1/4 each respectively. The truck is now back to driving straight. Had the alignment checked for free at a local NTB. I looked at the machine and it was now perfect in spec.

Sometimes, if you want something done...gotta do it yourself!

And GM dosent even want us working on our cars. Its like your like with the 3 stooges at the dealership. I say this with respect to my service advisor whom is a super nice guy but damn these people are incompatent.

And GM dosent even want us working on our cars. Its like your like with the 3 stooges at the dealership. I say this with respect to my service advisor whom is a super nice guy but damn these people are incompatent.

I know. Ridiculous. My service writer is a good guy too. He genuinely wants to help when I come in. But the techs just don't cut it.

The tech at NTB was great tho. He asked me to come look at the screen and I told him my story. He said he worked at a ford dealership before and was sick of the lazy techs working there. So he jumped ship to NTB and says its like night at day. I never really used NTB for any work, but I may have to rethink using them in the future.

Test drove a Ram today. Have to say I really liked it. Straight down the road and lots of power with the hemi. Hate to leave a brand after 25 years, but man this truck makes me sick to my stomach to look at it now.

Test drove a Ram today. Have to say I really liked it. Straight down the road and lots of power with the hemi. Hate to leave a brand after 25 years, but man this truck makes me sick to my stomach to look at it now.

My dad has a 2014 Ram. It's a nice ass truck. The HEMI definitely has a lot more power than my 5.3, he even gets pretty comparable mileage to my truck. And the ZF 8 speed trans is amazing. I actually tried to get into a Ram a while back, but the numbers didn't work out so I decided to stick with my Sierra.

I test drove a new Ram for the first time ever last week as well. The truck that they had special pricing on wasn't equipped how I wanted, and the numbers didn't work, so I decided to stick with my truck. I will say that the 8-speed shifts 100 times better than these junker 6 speeds. The Hemi definitely feels more powerful, especially with the transmission tuning differences. For the first time in my life I'm actually considering another brand. A simple trans tune update would steer me back to GM, but until then, I'm looking elsewhere for my next truck.

Archived