Remove seats but NOT allowed to disconnect battery to disable airbag s

trevorwright0

Question

I have researched this a bunch but I have a unique sitation. I need to remove the passenger seat to clean the carpet underneath on my work truck.

However, I am unable to disconnect the battery in order to disable the airbag system because I have a monitoring device required for work. The device is absolutely required to be connected to the battery at all times. If I disconnect the battery, it looks like I've been trying to tamper with the device.

I'm affraid to disconnect the cables under the seat and trigger one of the airbags, seatbelt explosives or airbag codes. I am working in a work camp away from any town in a remote location and won't be able to get to a dealer for a couple of months at least.

Is it safe to remove the airbag fuse instead of disconnecting the battery?

I also wondered if I could leave the cables connected and just unbolt and tilt the seat foward enough to vacuum out the spill but I'm not sure if the cables are long enough or if this is really "safe".

Truck is a 2014 Silverado 2500 LT with manual cloth seats.

Thanks for any help, I'm trying to get the seat and carpet cleaned before it starts to rot and smell...

6 answers to this question

Archived