With all the options available today, I still can't find a truck t

Thanks. I hit a deer. I actually sold my old truck a year ago. A friend of a friend offered me a good price so I sold it. I was driving my daily driver vehicle. Mazda 6. Haha i am a truck guy. It's been tough driving that thing but it gets good mileage and did what I needed it to do. Plans for this truck include, line-x, roll-roll-out bed cover, level, tint. Haha although that's what I said about my last 2 trucks. Fug it...yes I plan to lift it too haha

Only question I have is why get rid of the 2006? Does it have issues? People "trading up" to pickups they aren't 110% satisfied with is the reason there isn't anything on the market right now that you really want to buy.

That said, I have no issues with the 6.0 2500. I don't know why people want the stupid 8 speed so badly, it's not a semi and the 6 speed in them now is practically bulletproof, as well as the engine.

Thanks. I hit a deer. I actually sold my old truck a year ago. A friend of a friend offered me a good price so I sold it. I was driving my daily driver vehicle. Mazda 6. Haha i am a truck guy. It's been tough driving that thing but it gets good mileage and did what I needed it to do. Plans for this truck include, line-x, roll-roll-out bed cover, level, tint. Haha although that's what I said about my last 2 trucks. Fug it...yes I plan to lift it too haha

Ahhh, gotcha! Thought you meant that you totaled your truck, haha. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your new truck! :thumbs:

Only question I have is why get rid of the 2006? Does it have issues? People "trading up" to pickups they aren't 110% satisfied with is the reason there isn't anything on the market right now that you really want to buy.

That said, I have no issues with the 6.0 2500. I don't know why people want the stupid 8 speed so badly, it's not a semi and the 6 speed in them now is practically bulletproof, as well as the engine.

My 2006 is great. However , I got it when i was single (its an ex cab)

Now, a wife and 9yr old later, along with 2 grown Boxers, id really like a quad cab.

Also, my pulling needs are heavier than what they used to be. 9500is a good load for the 5.3. Especially on a stock trans with 125k on it.

Also, id like to get rid of it before things like trans, fuel oump, front end work, and all those issues that rear their heads about 150k.

Nope, that baby is still running around town. He changed a few things but it's still going. Not surprised. It had like 60k on it when I sold it and ran perfectly. Man, I miss that truck a lot! Just got off the phone with the dealer. It'll be on its way by noon tomorrow. I'll be picking it up Saturday am.

Done. Level and 33s next. Not my first color choice....or even an actual color I considered but we could not locate one. Didn't have to order as I needed a truck a month ago.

20150124_142744.jpg

20150124_133101.jpg

20150124_155112.jpg

Done. Level and 33s next. Not my first color choice....or even an actual color I considered but we could not locate one. Didn't have to order as I needed a truck a month ago.

20150124_142744.jpg

20150124_133101.jpg

20150124_155112.jpg

Those are the manual fold mirrors? Was the truck ordered that way?

Is that color the special order orange?

Congratulations! Nice truck.

Yes, just wasn't my special order. The search was tough because I wanted the max tow, buckets, and the power rear window. I loved the power window in my 07. The color wasn't a huge factor. They found this "cayenne metalic " in Albany, NY, 6 hours from me. It was the only match. I said eff-it! I'm liking it. The color and overall. I'll do a few things to it to get it where I want it, but as of now it's a huge upgrade from the last model.

Those are the manual fold mirrors? Was the truck ordered that way?

Yes, manual fold. I actually wasn't aware power fold tows were available...now I'm mad haha. The truck was ordered this way. The mirrors are included with the max tow package.

• 1 month later...

20150124_133101.jpg

Beautiful. I love that color and the overall lack of chrome. I also bought based on features/availability with color being important enough to exclude some vehicles but not so important that I wouldn't take any of four different options if the price was right. I'm happy with my blue but would have loved the Cayenne.

Thanks man. I'm loving the color now. Haven't seen another on the road yet. Same thing with my desert brown 07...never saw many of them. Think it was a 1 yr color. I love the blue! That was a color choice of mine. Trade? Haha. Really glad I held for the max tow. I have been hauling a lot lately.

Archived