Ltz z71 or High Country

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have my option to order me a truck I can either get

2015 Ltz z71 or 2015 High Country

Both 6.2l

the price difference is about 2k with the same options, but idk which to get?

Help me out guys!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still indifferent on the interior as I haven't seen it in person. Seems it comes down to the interior for you. And, the HC wheels are either hit or miss for people. Not a fan of them personally. If resale is of importance, the HC might be better too.

High country comes with color matched bumpers too correct?

I want to say it's an option, thought I read that somewhere on here. I would prefer chrome anyways with the problems people are giving about the painted bumpers. That's a reason why I plan on having mine black chrome some day.

HC has body color bumpers and and orangy/maroon interior. I like chrome bumpers on a truck with a big frontal area. Bugs can be hard to get off and overall harder to keep clean on paint. Not a fan of the interior color of high countries. The LTZ 20's look the best to me. Don't really like the HC wheels. The Z71 package isn't much more than a diff sticker and inst panel bezel. That's why I got a loaded LTZ. But that's just me.

It's your money, (I'm guessing) so it's about what you like best. Some guys like the HC interior and painted bumpers, others don't. What do you like? Either one should be a fantastic truck with the 6.2 which should come with the new 8 speed. Sounds like a high class problem to have.

I read on here somewhere that adding a Z71 package to a truck deletes things like cooled seats and some other little things. That's a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have a 4WD High Country than a Z71 LTZ. Also, it may not be fair but when the HC shows up for service it's going to get done first. They know how much you spent on that HC and that makes you a VIP at the dealership. Live it up once in a while and grab the top of the line and enjoy it. Just my $.02.

I read on here somewhere that adding a Z71 package to a truck deletes things like cooled seats and some other little things.

I have a 2014 Z71 with cooled seats so if what you are saying is true they changed it for 2015.

I read on here somewhere that adding a Z71 package to a truck deletes things like cooled seats and some other little things. That's a deal breaker for me. I'd rather have a 4WD High Country than a Z71 LTZ. Also, it may not be fair but when the HC shows up for service it's going to get done first. They know how much you spent on that HC and that makes you a VIP at the dealership. Live it up once in a while and grab the top of the line and enjoy it. Just my $.02.

Something tells me you're just assuming that. If anything if you bought the vehicle from the same dealership that you're having service done then they may go the extra mile. I'll believe that part you said if you worked in the service department at a dealer. Plus even if they did at that dealer it doesn't mean that's how all dealers are since they're privately owned.

I was in the same boat as you, i went with the LTZ Z71 over the High Country because of the brown interior on the High Country is fugly and there is less chrome on it as well (I like shiny things). I love my LTZ and haven't regreted not getting the high country in the year I've owned my truck.

Archived