Hello all!

Thankyou for reading this post, I hope it helps others as well as me. Here is the problem: I own a 2006 chevy Silverado z71 package, and the rear speakers have not worked since I bought the truck. about a year ago, I replaced the factory deck with a JVC deck, and still the rear speakers had no sound. ive checked my wiring, and everything is hooked up right, I even ran a new ground wire. I thought I had blown something in the deck itself, so after much deliberation, I bought yet another deck, as well as two new back speakers. I replaced the deck again, AND the speakers. still no sound. I have ran new wires to the speakers to rule out faulty factory wiring. I am Stumped... any help would be muchly appreciated. thanks for reading!

update, the plot thickens. I took the radio to a shop, and they tested it. everything works as it should. ive narrowed it down to some wire in the truck grounding out, and cutting out the rear channel in the stereo. only problem is, ive disconnected both rears, and tried connecting them one at a time to the stereo, and STILL nothing, from either of the speakers. if the front speakers work, they cant be shorting out the rears...

Archived