Weird chimes

Today got the warning chimes...every few seconds. No warning indicators, open and closed the doors, unbuckled and rebuckled the seatbelts...even checked the passenger sensing (put body in and removed from seat) with no luck. Shut the truck down for 20 minutes and it hasn't repeated.

• Like 1

Not sure where you live, what your weather is like, or if you have park assist. But if you have park assist and the sensors get covered in ice or snow, it will set off the warning chime periodically. Eventually, if snow and ice get too heavy the park assist will shut off and the message will display in info center.

• 2 months later...

That's a good one because the same thing just happened to me. The chime started sounding every 10 seconds without any message anywhere. I turned off the park assist but that didn't make any difference so I pulled over and stopped.Then the chimes stopped.

As soon as I continued driving it started again and then I noticed that when activating the turn signal, there was no clicking sound, flashing arrow but no sound.

After checking all of my DIC settings and noticing no changes I was at a loss.

Anyway, after I had finished my shopping (about an hour later) and headed back home, everything was normal again.

Go figure.????????????????????

ok, so I am not crazy. I've owned this truck since 12/2013 and have 18k miles on it. Two weeks ago I left the gym, right after start up mine started chiming. I made sure seat belt was clicked in and open and closed the drivers side door. Drove off and then about every 10-15 seconds the chime would go off. No warning on the dash, no gauges out of normal.

I finally stopped and put truck in park, killed the engine and then restarted. It has never done it again.

• 10 months later...

Did anyone ever figure this out? Happened to me today. 5 random chimes, no indicator light, not the sensors because I shut them off before driving due to ice build up right now, not the seatbelt because I checked that first.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...