XM Radio Station Names

Does anyone or has anyone figuredo out if it possible to get the XM radio stations to show there station name on the favorite list? I have a 2014 Silverado with the 8" screen, and I have rename all the stations. For example XM8 shows up as XM8 instead of 80's on 8. I have a 2015 loaner for a couple of days and all the XM channels show up as their station name not the XM channel number. I remember my buddies 2011 XM radio automatically grabbing the station names as well. Thoughts?

Under adding favorites you can go in and rename the channels.

I would recommend you do a backup of all radio settings afterwards if you loose power you have to put all of them in manually again. If you have USB backup you get them back with a restore.

I don't really have motivation to sit there and rename 80-90 radio stations, if there'so an option for XM to push them to the truck. I got my favorites renamed but every once in a while I like to mix it up. Who can remember what Hair Nation or Elvis radio is off the top of there head?

Go under the settings and you'll find where you can rename the stations to what you want. My '14 can do it so I don't see why a '15 can't. Also there's no need to backup any of it, I've unhooked the battery before and didn't lose the stations or names.

Under adding favorites you can go in and rename the channels.

I would recommend you do a backup of all radio settings afterwards if you loose power you have to put all of them in manually again. If you have USB backup you get them back with a restore.

BBS - Sorry to jump in here but could you explain how you backup and restore the Mylink settings? I never even heard that before. Will it work on a 2014? Please write slowly and use lots of little words so I can follow you. Thanks in advance.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I found out last weekend that if you use voice commands you can just say, " Tune to Elvis Radio" and it goes there. "Tune to the bridge" and it goes there. I've looked and looked for names instead of station numbers but cannot seem to find it. My 2007 did station names, loved it.

I found out last weekend that if you use voice commands you can just say, " Tune to Elvis Radio" and it goes there. "Tune to the bridge" and it goes there. I've looked and looked for names instead of station numbers but cannot seem to find it. My 2007 did station names, loved it.

This.

I don't even bother with favorites in the new trucks, I just use the voice commands. It's a lot easier.

Archived