Bilstein shocks thread

Thanks for the input guys - sounds like the Bilsteins are the way to go - a couple of my buddies are pushing me to go with the fox 2.0 shocks - a lot more money but they say its worth it, has anyone tried the fox shocks at all?

also my ultimate goal will be to throw a RC 3.5" lift on the truck in the summer - and i believe the kit comes with shocks, but I have no idea how good or bad they are??

Just check on their website all of their 3.5" lift come with shocks 2/3 come with UCA. As far as shock most upgrade them but not sure wat level their reputation sits on. To be honest I might consider doing the pro comp lift kit as I heard that it requires no modfication, welding or drilling. i believe the the lift is 4 inch

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on how the 5100's ride compared to stock ranchos? I find the stock ranchos jar and bounce to hard on little cracks in the road. Makes my entire interior creak and pop.

Night and day difference! It made my truck more enjoyable to drive.

^ The c-clip holding the bottom spring seat in place terrifies me. How can a miniscule little thing like that sustain such force?

The oem Ranchos use a similar set up....they just arent adjustable. Therefore You should be terrified to drive your truck!!!

• 1 month later...

So do the 6112s allow for ride height adjustment similar to the 5100s? Would we assume they would ride smoother? Or just be more robust for activities that most of us will never do?

So do the 6112s allow for ride height adjustment similar to the 5100s? Would we assume they would ride smoother? Or just be more robust for activities that most of us will never do?

It appears from the picture they use the same snap ring design to adjust height, They probably have better valving and increased capacity to keep temps down while bashing them. Most likely not needed for a daily driver and probably ride stiffer, this is just an assumption.

Edit, they also have one more height setting and come with springs designed to be used with them, unlike the 5100's that are using the stock spring which is not designed to be preloaded.

Edited by projectsummit