Bilstein shocks thread

The Tacoma 6112's are priced at 1100 bucks canadian per shock... If that is any representation of what the gm ones will be, I think ill opt out even know they will be a huge upgrade. Anyone have another other pricing they have seen?

really? I thought it was for the pair. Damn that's a lot.

Edit. Ya it is for the pair. $1050

http://www.bilsteincanada.com/product_info.php?cPath=306_3992_16118_16119&products_id=4151

Edited by projectsummit

Go to check out. That is for each one. price is 2099 for both. I bought my rear 5100 from this site

5100's are sold separately. If you read the description it says the kit comes with two shocks and two coils. $759 USD for both as well on wheelers.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/product/bilstein-355720/bilstein-6112-height-adjustable-front-strut-set-2/

Edited by projectsummit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, can these only be used on a lifted truck? I have a 4X4 CC with stock 17" wheels.

Thanks!

The 5100's are designed to be used on a stock truck. The front struts have adjustable spring perches which allow you to lift the truck up to 1.8" which is basically level.

The rears can be used on a truck up to 1" higher than stock. If you are higher than that you can still use 5100's, it's just a different part number.

• Like 1

Guest SDB918

The 5100's are designed to be used on a stock truck. The front struts have adjustable spring perches which allow you to lift the truck up to 1.8" which is basically level.

The rears can be used on a truck up to 1" higher than stock. If you are higher than that you can still use 5100's, it's just a different part number.

So you basically get a level and smoother ride?

I've only had my truck for about 30 days but I am ready to level this thing. I feel like grandpa riding down the road. Any clue when the 6112 will be available. I can hold out a few more months especially if this will be smoother at the highest setting. Also would you just do 5100 on the rear?

Brand new GMC Z71 waiting for me to pick up in about an hour. Want it leveled. I had 5100s in my last two Tundras, and the ride was so-so. What is the consensus- a 2" RC leveling kit or the 5100s on high setting?

you would need a diff drop and upper control arms.
  • Like 1

Just fyi, I placed my order for the 5100's with Suspension Connection back in June 20th with an expected re-stocking date of June 24th and the fronts are still on national back order. They gave me an estimated date of July 31st. So I MIGHT be able to get these installed mid August. :/

Edited by WendysOrBust

I just ordered last week my Pro Comp Pro Runner shocks that are suppose to be very similar to the 5100's, only difference being it has only 2 height settings vs. 3 for the 5100.

Plus they are running a crazy deal right now with a rebate so I couldn't pass it up, they should arrive tomorrow.

I'll get the rears installed asap but the fronts will probably wait a little bit due to it being way to hot here and me being lazy.