Bilstein shocks thread

Here's my ltz, this trucks gotten me through the flooded streets of Dickinson over the last few days. Pulled a few cars out of the road and cleared a fallen tree that had a road blocked.

Have the 5100s on highest setting. Tire size is 275/60r20.

Going to add the rear 5100s soon and possibly some 1 inch blocks.

5dUXBe7.jpg

• Like 1

I never measured mine but from what I gathered most are getting 2 inches out of the 5100s.

My truck seems to have settled a little, it looked higher at first. I have put about 200 miles on the truck so far.

Thank you for posting that pic. I plan on installing 5100's up front soon along with the same size tires you have. Just to confirm, when this pic was taken you didn't have any additional lift in the rear correct? Also if you have a chance could you take some measurements? Truck looks pretty level in this pic but I'm curious if there is any rake. A few more pics would be great if possible (now I'm getting greedy :D )

Thanks!

Thanks. Yes ground to wheel well lip (center of tire). Curious to see how the front compares with the rear.

Just under 40 1/8 inches in the rear

39 even in the front.

Been pulling a trailer and a loaded bed all weekend and it wasn't sqauting to bad at all.

Ordered my Bilsteins on Friday. They should be here in the next week or so. I can handle the rears easy enough.

If I remove the struts, any idea what the going rate on getting the shocks removed and replaced? An alignment will follow replacement.

Ordered my Bilsteins on Friday. They should be here in the next week or so. I can handle the rears easy enough.

If I remove the struts, any idea what the going rate on getting the shocks removed and replaced? An alignment will follow replacement.

Local shop here is CA quoted me $50 / strut. Big O tires will do it, if you have that shop around.

• Like 1

I had mine done by a shop. They quoted me 1.5 hours of labor. With the alignment and 7% tax, I was at $266 OTD.

Edited by jbh4381
  • Like 1

Local shop here is CA quoted me $50 / strut. Big O tires will do it, if you have that shop around.

I paid about $190 for installation. Send the average around here. The place that did it was considered the best in the area pls that cost included alignment.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I had mine done by a shop. They quoted me 1.5 hours of labor. With the alignment and 7% tax, I was at $266 OTD.

I paid about $190 for installation. Send the average around here. The place that did it was considered the best in the area pls that cost included alignment.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Is this with them removing the struts or did you remove the struts?