Bilstein shocks thread

So, I tried reading some of this thread and theres just quite a few pages. How are the 6112s supposed to be comparable to if they ever come out? Similar to the fox 2.0s? Also, any idea on their supposed price point as well as if they need UCAs or not?

On 10/31/2017 at 6:25 AM, truckguy82 said:

Yeah I’ve done several shock installs, I don’t know why it happens, but it seems like everyone I do the top needs to get tightened again.

Is this something that can be addressed during initial installation? I will be getting mine put in by a shop, trying to see what i can provide that will eliminate this issue. Double nut?

Edited by Ozer

16 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Is this something that can be addressed during initial installation? I will be getting mine put in by a shop, trying to see what i can provide that will eliminate this issue. Double nut?

Don’t worry about it, its easy to hear, easy to see, and easy to fix if it happens.

you’ll hear a very obvious clunking noise

I’m assuming I’m doing something wrong when I do shock installs.

FYI it only applies to independant suspension with the bolts on the top of the strut tower. The nuts are right on top in the engine bay and clear as day. Only applies to the front suspension on our trucks.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, MRT Motorsports said:

We have the first few production runs on order and the date has continually been pushed back. We will be meeting with Bilstein in person next week at the SEMA show. 

Per Bilstein

"Hey Dude.  We are still waiting on the GM 6112's.  I am hoping we will have some by October.  Sorry it's taking so long.  We've been kicking and screaming [to corporate] for these which hasn't seemed to help."

And thennnnnnnnnnnnn?  SEMA is over...Thanks for any info!! 

• Haha 1

Spoke with Bilstein at the show. Internal changes have held up the release of many new products.

Per the Offroad Department @ the SEMA Show, the 6112s should be ready to ship by mid-Dec, they have completed production of the first batch.

We are awaiting the part number then we will begin filling the pre-orders.

Fingers crossed!

On 11/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, snowbrdd said:

So, I tried reading some of this thread and theres just quite a few pages. How are the 6112s supposed to be comparable to if they ever come out? Similar to the fox 2.0s? Also, any idea on their supposed price point as well as if they need UCAs or not?

No UCA required. Price point is the same as the other 6112 models on the market with MSRP of $799 for the front pair (We sell our Toyota units right under $600 for the pair)

6112 is a 2.65" Diameter shock vs the Fox 2.0" diameter. Less features & preset ride heights compared to the FOX, but they have internals and piston size of much more expensive $1000+ coilover sets.

I ran the development set on the 2015 Baja 1000 course, and the 2016 & 2017 Mint 400 courses with better than expected performance.

9 minutes ago, MRT Motorsports said:

No UCA required. Price point is the same as the other 6112 models on the market with MSRP of $799 for the front pair (We sell our Toyota units right under $600 for the pair)

6112 is a 2.65" Diameter shock vs the Fox 2.0" diameter. Less features & preset ride heights compared to the FOX, but they have internals and piston size of much more expensive $1000+ coilover sets.

I ran the development set on the 2015 Baja 1000 course, and the 2016 & 2017 Mint 400 courses with better than expected performance.

Damn. I already ordered the 2.0s from you. Id be willing to wait but I don't know how the refund process goes

Edited by snowbrdd

29 minutes ago, MRT Motorsports said:

You are Peter, our local Vegas customer? No problem to return those if you want to wait on the bilsteins, but we have no idea when they will actually come out, realistically its 30-90 days.

I am. Its fine I don't think I'll need more than the 2.0s anyway. Chalk it up to me getting buyers remorse. I get it for most things I buy haha.

Edited by snowbrdd

Hey guys, finally time for me to jump on this bandwagon. Where are you all ordering the 5100's from? I went to Summit and Jegs and they claim the 5100's (B8) are non adjustable. People here are mentioning putting the shock on the highest setting though...

I do have a RC 2" up front and stock in back if that changes anything?

Can you guys help me out with where you are buying and part numbers?

Thanks!

Edited by EFLine