Bilstein shocks thread

Amazon.  $350 shipped.  Best price I'd seen anywhere.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T369HRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T367RUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got mine installed yesterday and am liking them.  Went with the max height and got a full 2" from it. Rides more stiff, for sure, but I don't mind.  The bumps and bounces are way reduced, it feels planted and solid.  Not floaty anymore.

• Thanks 1

One thing I did notice was a little bit of a clunk when going over driveways/speed bumps.  I'm having the shop double check everything is tightened properly.  I have faith in them but just want to be sure.  It looks like it may be the end links.  At a full 2" increase there is a tiny gap at the bushing.

Anyone else run into this?  Should I get new end links?

10 hours ago, EFLine said:

Hey guys, finally time for me to jump on this bandwagon. Where are you all ordering the 5100's from? I went to Summit and Jegs and they claim the 5100's (B8) are non adjustable. People here are mentioning putting the shock on the highest setting though...

I do have a RC 2" up front and stock in back if that changes anything?

Can you guys help me out with where you are buying and part numbers?

Thanks!

It's not suggested to run anything above the stock ride height(lowest setting) on the 5100s with a leveling block installed. 5100s for our truck are adjustable, just not on the fly. They have to be set prior to/during install.

You have 3 options;

- keep your 2" level and install the 5100s at stock height (no preload) this will be the lowest setting on the shocks, and most likely to give you the best ride quality.

- remove the 2" level and install the bilsteins at the highest settings (1.85"), this will  be the firmest ride and only net you a small front loss - nothing noticeable.

- disregard bilsteins and other forum members advice, and create a combo for the height you're after (please don't do this)

Alignment is suggested on either option.

Here is a common avenue and forum dealer link - http://www.mrtmotorsports.net/bilstein-shock-sets/bilstein-5100-complete-set/g-82675.aspx

You can also search other places for them, based on these part #'s;

Front : 24-238304

Rear : 33-238319

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EFLine said:

@tanner709 This was a crazy helpful post!!! 

This is what mine looks like at 60,000 miles

8WphHOl.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/Xpx4s

No worries, I spent a lot of time deciding on what to do and found Int hard to decipher 77 pages of opinions.

my rears looked like shit as well after one winter and 30k KMs..

I opted for a rear 1" block along with the front level because I tow from time to time and I hate the nose high look with 500# in the pan. Still looks "levelled" and has its function as a truck IMOIMG_0058.thumb.JPG.fda4e89d6ec1f5b35b7ff2cae3b8576d.JPG

Sorry if this has been covered already but my uncle's wants to change his shocks on his 2014 Sierra Z71 regular cab. Doesn't want to level it just direct swap of shocks. I've been reading that the Bilstein 4600 should do the job correct? Should he change all 4?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

On 11/18/2017 at 7:35 PM, SirenRed16 said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but my uncle's wants to change his shocks on his 2014 Sierra Z71 regular cab. Doesn't want to level it just direct swap of shocks. I've been reading that the Bilstein 4600 should do the job correct? Should he change all 4?

Yes the 4600s are direct replacement, You can also keep stock height with 5100s and have the option to level if need be.

Yes the 4600s are direct replacement, You can also keep stock height with 5100s and have the option to level if need be.
Good to know. Where are you guys buying the Bilsteins at? I did a quick search and am not finding and for a 2014 Sierra.

I just got my 5100s installed yesterday and 4 wheel alignment. My toe was -1.00 degree so it really needed it.

I also recently got new AT tires, the truck rides so much better now. Bumps are firm but not harsh like before. The back end doesnt bounce around anymore and taking corners are amazing.

• Like 1

I just got my 5100s installed yesterday and 4 wheel alignment. My toe was -1.00 degree so it really needed it.
I also recently got new AT tires, the truck rides so much better now. Bumps are firm but not harsh like before. The back end doesnt bounce around anymore and taking corners are amazing.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much for the install of the shocks and alignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, namanc6 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, how much for the install of the shocks and alignment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid $356 with tax. I probably could have found a better price if i asked around more. Alignment part of it was 75 i think.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ozer said:

I paid $356 with tax. I probably could have found a better price if i asked around more. Alignment part of it was 75 i think.

@tanner709 posted about Mrmotorsports and those are $348, and Rockauto is $371 and those are the cheapest I have found. 

• Thanks 1