Bilstein shocks thread

Thanks for the info. Got ahold of the shop and although he said it's doubtful they installed then upside down, they'll swap them around next week. Here's some info I found on the orientation

http://www.truckspring.com/blog/post/2014/05/28/can-i-mount-bilstein-shocks-upside-down

After I installed mine I went under to adjust the boots and noticed the labels were upside down? So anyway after a bunch of nonsense on the internet on which way they really go I switched. Now I have to look at the boot on the bottom and tell myself this is correct? Freaking joke of course the shock is now correctly installed even though It appears to be upside down by the looks of it?

Whatever happened to the 6112 shocks? Are they still coming?

These were announced as becoming available at beginning of this year for the K2 trucks and still nothing. Seems folks should look at other options.

I am planning on doing the fronts now. From what I am seeing, it looks pretty straight forward, but my brother in law says alldata shows it being tough. They are calling for 3 hours of shop time.

Also, can someone suggest a good spring compressor if I do it my self?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had mine done last week and love the new look and the ride it 100% better! I dont have any pics right now. The old shocks did not take bumps worth a crap. Always felt weird when you hit a big bump at speed. New shocks take bumps like a boss and no weird clunking noises. Best mod I have ever done on a truck!

• Like 1

Its 5 bolts to take the shock assembly out in the front, its not too bad. Time consuming part is swapping the springs over. We just used a Napa spring compressor.

Here is a pic of mine, 5100s all the way around and a 1inch over stock rear block

Thanks. The compressor is the part that makes me nervous. Was it pretty easy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had mine done last week and love the new look and the ride it 100% better! I dont have any pics right now. The old shocks did not take bumps worth a crap. Always felt weird when you hit a big bump at speed. New shocks take bumps like a boss and no weird clunking noises. Best mod I have ever done on a truck!

Yup, I just did mine too! The front and Backs what a difference 400.00 bucks makes!

• Like 1

Photobucket wouldn't work yesterday.

5100s in all four corners, and 1inch over stock rear block added

18641685_965914818958_897889007_o_zpsodk

Exactly what I am doing. Thanks for the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am looking to swap out from the ranchos that came with the truck (2015 Silverado 1500 Z71). I am going to be getting the Bilstein 5100 ride adjustable for the front and remove 2.25" readylift leveling spacers. However in the rear the 5100s are for a 0-1" lift and I have a 3" block back there which puts lift at 1.5-1.75"(stock block is either 1.25 or 1.5").

I see that Bilstein has a 5125 that has different collapsed and extended lengths, has anyone got a 5125 to go with the 3" block and what size did you get? Or am I over thinking this and the 5100 will work for my application?

Thanks

Been reading the comments and was curious if I could add a 1/4" spacer to the top of my Bilstein 5100"s for a total height of 2.38"... So I called Bilstein and their answer was no... it will void the warranty...Then I asked if I could keep them the stock setting and do a 2.25" lift kit on it...That would void the warranty on them also...! Needless to say I'm not very happy right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shane.lawrence.311