2014 Sierra RCSB lowered..but...

So I finally threw on my kit.its lowered 3/6. Front drop spindles with shocks. and rear flip kit with shocks. No vibration issues. No driveshaft issues. BUT ITS SO BOUNCY. It rides rough on jacked up streets and just kind iof uncomfortable. The shocks that came with the kit suck. Its McGaughys by the way. i still need to cut my bump stops. I just dont know how. Anyways these are the shocks. http://www.belltech.com/products/belltech/shocks/rear/shock-absorber-13441.html
will these improve my ride quality?
post-134249-0-24532900-1422326208_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had a lowered anything, but it seems like you haven't because I believe that's a characteristic of anything that's lowered. Some better shocks should help, but probably not a whole lot. You have less suspension travel which will give a rougher ride. I'm sure you won't try this, but maybe try smaller rims with the same height tires so you have more sidewall. To me tire sidewalls is what takes the bumps first, so more sidewall means a softer ride in my opinion. Also maybe having the tire psi no more than 35 would also help, but I usually keep the psi at about 40 since I've always had tires with good sidewall so with 35 or less psi they look under inflated.

I know nothing about lowering kits or lowered vehicles. I think there was another member on here having similar issues and it turned out he was constantly hitting his bump stops causing a harsh ride. I'd check that out before you go spending $ on new shocks.

Thanks Fellas. I have yet to cut my bump stops. I have a buddy that his lower then mine and his rides so smooth. he changed his shocks to some qa1 shocks. But i will try the bumpstops. anyone know how to cut them off? Is it really as simple as it sounds?

Like some have already said, just cut it with a utility knife or saw. Are your shocks designed to work with the bumpstops cut? Too much suspension travel on the stock shocks could cause them to blow if you hit a large enough dip. They'll also wear out faster..Want a shock that allows for more suspension travel.

Post of the a link to the kit you used to drop the front. Sounds like its just riding on the bump stops and if you are still on factory springs cutting off some of your bump stops might only help a little. There are aftermarket shocks that have a good travel distance even on lowered vehicles but typically lowering your car/truck will result in a harsher ride if the suspension is not adequately upgraded.

Post of the a link to the kit you used to drop the front. Sounds like its just riding on the bump stops and if you are still on factory springs cutting off some of your bump stops might only help a little. There are aftermarket shocks that have a good travel distance even on lowered vehicles but typically lowering your car/truck will result in a harsher ride if the suspension is not adequately upgraded.

I bought a McGaughys deluxe drop kit. Front drop spindles. Front drop struts.rear drop shocks. Flip kit. I just bought some Belltech Street Performance shocks. hopefully they'll be here by the weekend so I can throw them on.

Archived