http://www.shapeways.com/shops/crf450r420

Here it is. I have not got mine yet. It moved to production phase today. I have made one on a local printers machine and have that one on my driver side light now. I just have not seen it from this service yet, but this price is way better than the $200 I paid to get the first two made. Give it a try and let me know, plus provide pictures. Thanks.

With the current design of the cap, can you install the cap with out having to remove the whole headlight assembly? The modified stock cap is nearly impossible to install with the FXR projector. Does the new cap address this issue?

I was just wandering through here and noticed this thread. What are these for? Are they to replace an existing OEM design?

Yep. They are supposed to be an exact replacement with more depth, so u can do an fxr or similar, retro-fit. The housings and d2s hid kit together bottom out on the existing cap and without a cap, the housings will fog up like a sob. U will still have to drill them to run the wiring, but u can seal that up with a grommet and/or silicone

I know this is an older post but I purchased one and am very happy with it! I'm installing VLEDs into both high and low beam and the high beam works great but the low beam fits, it just smashes down on the wires/fan area a bit on the back of the bulb. Just curious (I sent you a message in ShapeWays too) if you could make the depth on the 3D file just slightly longer (like 1/4" or so). I'll be buying 3 more but for $100 each it would be great to make sure the low beam lamps will have a tad more room for air flow. Any possibilities of this? Thank you for your hard work!

I know this is an older post but I purchased one and am very happy with it! I'm installing VLEDs into both high and low beam and the high beam works great but the low beam fits, it just smashes down on the wires/fan area a bit on the back of the bulb. Just curious (I sent you a message in ShapeWays too) if you could make the depth on the 3D file just slightly longer (like 1/4" or so). I'll be buying 3 more but for $100 each it would be great to make sure the low beam lamps will have a tad more room for air flow. Any possibilities of this? Thank you for your hard work!

How easy is it to install the cap over the longer bulbs with the Headlights installed into the truck? I had a terrible time trying to install the modified stock caps. Hoping these work better.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I have never tried to do anything with the headlight assembly without taking them totally out. I got new assemblies and have been trying to retrofit these LED bulbs into it before I even try to install them. It's a pain but well worth it to do it correctly.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/10/2017 at 12:26 PM, PirateDiesel said:

Are these still being made? I see them on shapeways but didn't know if they were still being made. I need a set.

I too would like to know if these are still being made???

They don’t keep them in stock. In other words, once the order is placed, they’ll make them and ship them out. They’re quite sturdy, can get them in different colors too if you’re into that.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...