Headers causing problems

Hello there. I was about to pull the trigger on some Doug thorley headers and y pipe when I saw a comment someone had made about them causing problems with these new motors. It said that they cause the motors to run lean and can make the engine develope knocks and such. Anybody have this issue or know if it's true? If it isn't does anybody have the thorleys and like them? Without cats in the y pipe I know I would need a tune. What tunes work best with these trucks and headers?

Hello there. I was about to pull the trigger on some Doug thorley headers and y pipe when I saw a comment someone had made about them causing problems with these new motors. It said that they cause the motors to run lean and can make the engine develope knocks and such. Anybody have this issue or know if it's true? If it isn't does anybody have the thorleys and like them? Without cats in the y pipe I know I would need a tune. What tunes work best with these trucks and headers?

Might be causing the o2 sensors to throw a code if extenders were not used. Some headers will suggest you run extenders on the o2 if throws a code. But as said above I would get it tuned if you are running headers.

Archived