Problems with power on my 06 GMC sierra

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and just joined mainly to try and figure out the issue goin on with my truck. I have an 06 sierra 1500 4wd and it's giving me problems with power and acceleration when I press the pedal. It only seems to do this when it's warmed up. When cold it's like it has a mind of it's own and often runs as it should for a short period of time. Their are no lights on and no codes can be read. We even changed the fuel pump with thoughts that it may be the problem. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not an issue with the service 4wd light is it? Before I fixed my service 4wd issue, it would feel very sluggish and wouldn't feel like it was down shifting enough when I gave it pedal. It Was very obvious to me that it was sluggish and something WAS NOT right. I drive an 06 Sierra 1500 4wd so I am interested in this. Good luck.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and just joined mainly to try and figure out the issue goin on with my truck. I have an 06 sierra 1500 4wd and it's giving me problems with power and acceleration when I press the pedal. It only seems to do this when it's warmed up. When cold it's like it has a mind of it's own and often runs as it should for a short period of time. Their are no lights on and no codes can be read. We even changed the fuel pump with thoughts that it may be the problem. Any suggestions?

* How many miles?

* What's the maintenance history?

I've experienced worn plug wires causing these symptoms.

FC

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to somewhat necro this post. I also have an 06 and have noticed a similar symptom. Have you come across any solutions? The truck definitely feels snappier when cold and doggy when at normal operating temp. The other thing I have noticed is that when my truck is shifting from 2nd to 3rd the rpm's will jump very quickly. It does this on an upshift and downshift only with 3rd gear from what I can tell. Could that be related?

Jeff

Archived