Had to order a 2500 HD

A little back ground info.

I had a 2007 GMC Ext Cab. Long bed SLT Gasser, And a 2009 1500 Ext. Cab 6 1/2 Ft. Bed LTZ (Both fully paid for)

The 07 GMC Had 118000 miles and the 09 Chevy had 91000 miles, Wife conviced me that i didnt need 2 trucks so I traded both for a new 2014 1500 Chevy in JUly of 2014.

After about 2 months (Oct. 2014) I found that i missed my 07 GMC Ext. Cab long bed, So i started looking for a new 3/4 ton Ext. Long bed .

Well after looking and looking And not finding any long beds any where I just had to order the truck I wanted. I can't belive that most dealers would stock short beds on a 3/4 ton but not long beds. What good is a short bed 3/4 ton in the construction industry ?

Now the waiting begins, Dealer says it will take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery .....

I would think that a sold truck would be built first, But i don't know....

Can't hardly wait till delivery..

HmBuilder2

Ca.

A little back ground info.

I had a 2007 GMC Ext Cab. Long bed SLT Gasser, And a 2009 1500 Ext. Cab 6 1/2 Ft. Bed LTZ (Both fully paid for)

The 07 GMC Had 118000 miles and the 09 Chevy had 91000 miles, Wife conviced me that i didnt need 2 trucks so I traded both for a new 2014 1500 Chevy in JUly of 2014.

After about 2 months (Oct. 2014) I found that i missed my 07 GMC Ext. Cab long bed, So i started looking for a new 3/4 ton Ext. Long bed .

Well after looking and looking And not finding any long beds any where I just had to order the truck I wanted. I can't belive that most dealers would stock short beds on a 3/4 ton but not long beds. What good is a short bed 3/4 ton in the construction industry ?

Now the waiting begins, Dealer says it will take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery .....

I would think that a sold truck would be built first, But i don't know....

Can't hardly wait till delivery..

HmBuilder2

Ca.

They pretty much order what they sell the most of...I would hope you'd see it closer to the 8 week mark

The extended cab 8' bed just isn't a very common configuration. Although, I've actually considered one myself because it would be nice to have the extra bed space at times. You'll be happy you ordered it, because you'll have every option/package you want, while not having to pay for something that you don't. Be sure to post up some pictures when you get it!

Be sure to post some pics when you get the truck! What color did you order? Sounds like you went with the gas 6.0 motor?

I ordered the Silver Ice Met. 6.0 Gasser

Chevy has a $1,000.00 credit for after market items, So my dealership is going to put on running boards, bed liner and Leather seats.

I pay for the running boards, and they pay for the rest.

Just playing the waiting game now......

I would be shocked if you don't have your truck by the week of 3/16, maybe even the week prior.

I just ordered my Sierra 2500HD SLT on Saturday :) !!!

Dealer said production will be either week of 3/9 0r 3/16 and they think I will have by early April.

Helps that the dealer here gets direct trucking from the Flint plant vs. going to Chicago by rail first.

Good luck getting yours soon!

Congratulations on the build! :)

I too have been working with the dealer for the past 2 weeks and plan to send the final build info to them tomorrow.

I too am building a 2015 Chevy 2500HD.

Here is what I am building:

Color:

Victory Red

Interior:

Cocoa/Dune Perforated leather-appointed seat trim,Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8" Diagonal Color Touch Navigation with AM/FM/SiriusXM, USB ports, auxiliary jack and SD card slot, Front full-feature leather-appointed bucket seats, Heated and cooled seats. Floor console, Under seat storage.

Body:

Crew Cab, LTZ, 20" Wheels (50.8 cm) polished aluminum 5 spoke wheels, Wideside LONGBED pickup, Standard Suspension Package, LT265/60R20E all-terrain, blackwall tires, Wheel locks, set of 4, 6" chromed tubular, assist steps, Body Color Molded Splash Guards, Cargo box LED lighting, Smoked Amber roof marker lamps, Power heated outside trailering mirror with turn signal, LED rear guidance lamp, running lamp, power folding and chrome cap, Tailgate handle, chrome, Bed liner.

Drivetrain:

Vortec® 6.0L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI engine,Heavy-duty 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, 9500-lb. GVWR, 4.10 rear axle ratio (gas engine), Integrated trailer brake controller.

I would be shocked if you don't have your truck by the week of 3/16, maybe even the week prior.

I just ordered my Sierra 2500HD SLT on Saturday :) !!!

Dealer said production will be either week of 3/9 0r 3/16 and they think I will have by early April.

Helps that the dealer here gets direct trucking from the Flint plant vs. going to Chicago by rail first.

Good luck getting yours soon!

Congrats on your truck order, If you don't mind me asking did you get a price yet for your truck ?

I have to wait longer for delivery as I am in Ca.

I ordered the Silver Ice Met. 6.0 Gasser

Chevy has a $1,000.00 credit for after market items, So my dealership is going to put on running boards, bed liner and Leather seats.

I pay for the running boards, and they pay for the rest.

Just playing the waiting game now......

Until you sign papers that $1000 credit means nothing as all rebates/incentives are at time of delivery, not saying GM wont still have the same incentive, hell maybe better.

Until you sign papers that $1000 credit means nothing as all rebates/incentives are at time of delivery, not saying GM wont still have the same incentive, hell maybe better.

Yeah my dealer said the same thing too.

This is not technically correct (at least in Canada its not) some incentives are what they call "protected" meaning that if a customer orders a vehicle under a certain set of incentives then any of those incentives that are protected will still be available for the customer to select at delivery. However if better incentives are available at time of delivery the customer can go with those instead, what they can not do is cherry pick between the two sets of incentives, so you can't take say the 0% financing from incentives available at signing and combine with $3000 cash available at delivery, its one or the other. Hope that helps. What you should do is ask your dealer which current incentives are "incentive protected until your delivery date", then you will know what is protected and what is not. This is how it works in Canada.

Archived