2015 Tahoe LTZ Driver Seat Pain from Sensors

Just met with the Field engineer yesterday explained the problem, left my truck for repair and and and "sorry there is no fix because there is nothing to fix the seat is good" !!!! Working with GM field engineer and Elhart GMC in Holland MI has been the biggest waste of time i have been involved with in recent history. I find it hard to believe that a normal person could find this terrible design in there words "Good" I am betting if a 6 figure executive was to ride in this for 10 minutes he or she would be hard pressed to sell this as a good design and comfortable ride. Not real sure what the next move is but for sure I am disappointed with no resolution in sight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin I know your pain I drive a lot for work,and after a day of driving my hip feels bruised. I have brought the truck in to the dealership every time it's this is how it's made. You can feel the metal plates poping up throw the seat. This is what you get for 75K.... I have tried contacting Chevy good luck we are stuck with these seats.

I am taking my truck to a private company specializing in interior apostrafe to have them removed. The field engineer was useless and the dealership hid behind GM engineers. Never in my life have I been so unhappy

• 1 month later...

Did anyone come up with acceptable fix that they can share? I have a 2015i Tahoe with similar discomfort that others report.

My post #15, I am happy with the repair.

Vibrates at the back of the seat base so you cannot differentiate right or left side hazard, but that doesnt matter, it more of an alert. If your dealership is wanting your to be a happy customer, they could spend 5 minutes to call my Shop Foreman Jaime, and asked him exactly how and where he moved the sensors.

Silverstar in Thousand Oaks, wanting me to be a happy customer so they worked to find a resolution.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

Update: My seat is fixed!!

Silverstar Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks, CA moved the lane departure sensor bars to the far back of the seat cushion where I cannot feel them. The vibration feels different and is a little more audible but it don't care, the bars are not digging in the back of the legs/butt. I think they are at the back of the cushion near where the seat base cushion intersects the seat back. I feel the vibration around my tailbone.

Shop Foreman Jaime worked to try to find a solution, in conjunction with Service Director Dominic.

I hope this information helps someone else.

If you have to ask, you'll probably screw something up. Why run the risk of voiding a new vehicle warranty, print quimby4's fix and provided it to your service tech. To remove the cushions and reposition sensors, you'll probably need a shop manual. Reasonably priced shop manuals (1 is out now for about 300 bucks) are not on the street yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

New to GM forums and thank goodness I found this info! I have had the same experience as stated in previous posts in regard to sensors being mounted too high in driver's seat and bruising my upper thigh as a result. It has taken over a month and several calls to the owner of the dealer but they finally agreed (with GM approval) to put in the fix that I gave them from these postings to take the sensors out and relocate them under the seat cushion. I had our service department call the service department in Thousand Oaks and they talked directly, tech to tech. I had to push hard but they finally got it! I am so very thankful to you all for making this subject matter so concrete that I could share it with my dealer and convince them. My car goes in on Monday for the final fix and for the first time I have hope that I can drive my brand new 60K 2015 Tahoe in comfort!

A shout out of thanks to TEAM Chevrolet in Vallejo, CA for realizing that the customer is always right and that being "completely satisfied" means going the extra mile to find the right solution. And a special thank you to Silverstar Chevrolet in Thousand Oaks, CA and quimby4 for being the trailblazers for this fix!

I am not having any luck with a resolution to the problem you are describing. I have had the seat pad changed as well as a corporate engineer take a look at the problem and they say everything is fine and there is no issue or pain. They explained to my that this is a safety instrument and they cannot change how it is mounted or even remove it. Off the record their advice was to go to a 3rd party and have the seat altered to lower them or move to a different location. I have purchased a dozen new vehicles in my life and this 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD is by far the most disappointing truck I have every owned. Please keep in touch if you find anything different as you progress through the GM maze of mess that has no accountability to the consumer

I am not having any luck with a resolution to the problem you are describing. I have had the seat pad changed as well as a corporate engineer take a look at the problem and they say everything is fine and there is no issue or pain. They explained to my that this is a safety instrument and they cannot change how it is mounted or even remove it. Off the record their advice was to go to a 3rd party and have the seat altered to lower them or move to a different location. I have purchased a dozen new vehicles in my life and this 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD is by far the most disappointing truck I have every owned. Please keep in touch if you find anything different as you progress through the GM maze of mess that has no accountability to the consumer

What is your location and dealership? Maybe someone will get theirs fixed at a dealership in your area. We have 2 recorded fixes in California. Have your dealership call the other's as listed above.

For 3rd party vendor repairs to completely remove the seat sensors or replace them under the seat cushion check out The Seat Shop and look to find a vendor near you. This only after your dealer and/or GM will not respond to repair requests. I had to sign a release of liability waiver at my dealer today prior to the replacement of the sensors to under the seat cushion.

CharlesH - you "had" a 3yr/36K bumper-to-bumper warranty on your driver seat. Anything break on that seat from this point forward you're probably on your own, the dealer can claim it was broken by a third party vendor. You can hope the dealer didn't place the info in the database, if not, you can try another dealer for any future driver seat repair.

I had my seat sensor issue resolved at my dealership with GM approval. I was suggesting 3rd party vendor to those who do not have a dealer that will work with them to resolve the issue.

I went to 3 Chevy dealers in Minnesota last week all 3 said yes theres a problem but nothing they can do as Chevys district mangers said its a liability to move them. I have no idea what to do with a 70K vehicle that hurts your leg when you drive it for more than hour

Archived