Levelling with Fox Shocks

I want to level my truck and I want to do it without a spacer. The way I'm thinking is to use Fox 2.0 Coilovers in the front and then just put Fox 2.0 Shocks in the Rear.

Is there anything special I need to do when I order? The part # for the coilovers is 985-02-018 that I found on the Fox website. The coilovers say they are good for 0-2" of lift, which I can just adjust the shock for that when I get it. I do understand that I'll need new control arms if I intended to take advantage of extra travel. Here's another question... On the Fox website they list the 2.0 coilovers as "Performance" and the 2.5's as "Factory". They also say the 2.5's require new upper control arms or 2014 steel control arms. Can anyone explain this difference?

It also says the rears allow for up to 1" of lift... do they give me this extra lift or are they accounting for a larger block to be put in the back?

By doing this, what size of tire should I be able to fit on the Factory 20's?

Edited by Clocked92
  • Like 1

I don't know the answers to your questions but know that fox has been helpful in answering any questions I have had in the past. Shoot them an email and let us know. I am very interested in these as well so I will be watching this thread.

On edit: I just searched through my email and found an email I had sent Fox asking about the 2.0 coilovers, part #985-02-018...here is a copy and paste.

Hey Matt

I appreciate your interest in Fox shocks. Yes, that is the correct part number for your truck with the aluminum suspension. They come pre-set with a 2” above stock height setting, but are adjustable in each direction. You can get it pretty close to stock height, while also being about to max it out at about 3” above stock if need be. It is a direct fit shock, so all the hardware is included to get it mounted. I hope this info helps your search, but feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Ben Swift

Sales - Offroad & Defense

[email protected]

Edited by Newm

I had the 2.0 and the non res 2.5 on my last truck.. (2010 GMC Sierra 2wd).. I loved them.. Yes you will be fine going with either the 2.0 or 2.5... The 2.0 as far as I can remember will not have to have aftermarket uCAs but the 2.5 will.. I ordered my stuff from off-road warehouse, excellent customer service.. If you are wanting to get new UCAs I would go for the cognito ones.. I did and loved them as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm gonna send an email to Fox just to see what they say. It's not like I will be doing any extreme offroading with my truck, just hunting, driving down gravel roads, trails and through some pastures. I also want to level my truck but do it "the right way" which is why I'm looking at the Fox shocks.

Indeed you are going about this the correct way... And I am going to go this route in my 2014 Silverado, when I get the $$$$... I got a smoking deal on the fox 2.0 front and rear from off-road warehouses.. I got them for 750.00 for front and rear.. Another 560 for the upper control arms , so I was all in for about 1400.00...

Indeed you are going about this the correct way... And I am going to go this route in my 2014 Silverado, when I get the $$$$... I got a smoking deal on the fox 2.0 front and rear from off-road warehouses.. I got them for 750.00 for front and rear.. Another 560 for the upper control arms , so I was all in for about 1400.00...

What brand UCAs did you get?

I talked to the same guy at Fox today.

He said the 2.0's are actually going to ride smoother around town while the larger 2.5's will ride rougher in town but be much better offroad. He did actually give me part #'s for the 2.5's that would work with the Stock Aluminum control arms. I still think the 2.0's would be an improvement over the stock rancho's offroad as well. The part # depends on if you have steel or aluminum control arms so it's good to check and make sure you order the right shocks.

As for the rears, I asked about the difference between the 2.0's and the 2.5 Reservoir shocks. The only benefit he said is if you do a lot of towing, hauling or offroading. Then the 2.5's just don't fade as fast.

Since my truck is my daily driver and only sees offroading 10-20% of the time, it sounds like the 2.0's are the way to go for me. The 2.5's aren't worth the extra cost (which is like double).

Now I just need to wear out my tires because I want to level the truck and go with new tires at the same time.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well I took the plunge. I had some Bilstein 5100's for the front but couldn't bring myself to put them on knowing I wanted these all along so I returned them and these showed up last night. Hope to get them on in the next couple days depending when I can get out of work. First impressions are these are really nice quality and very beefy....can't wait to get them mounted.

20150324_185100.jpg20150324_185114.jpg20150324_185041.jpg

• Like 1

Well I took the plunge. I had some Bilstein 5100's for the front but couldn't bring myself to put them on knowing I wanted these all along so I returned them and these showed up last night. Hope to get them on in the next couple days depending when I can get out of work. First impressions are these are really nice quality and very beefy....can't wait to get them mounted.

20150324_185100.jpg20150324_185114.jpg20150324_185041.jpg

Wow!

Are those the 2.0 coilovers, part #985-02-018?

Steel or Alum. UCA?

• Like 1