Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Chevrolet promises to build $30k Bolt EV with 200-mile range

BoltEV_1.jpeg

By Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

2/12/2015

Exactly one month after introducing the all-electric Bolt to the world, Chevrolet is now promising to build it. Today the company confirmed that it will produce the Bolt EV as its next generation all-electric vehicle.

Chevrolet also confirmed that the Bolt will be developed with two goals in mind. A 200-mile all-electric range and a $30,000 price tag. While the production vehicle will share the concept's name, don't expect them to look exactly the same. The production version will most likely undergo some styling and functional changes before it goes on sale.

BoltEV_5.jpeg

The Bolt will be produced Michigan at the Orion Assembly facility. The company simultaneously announced a $200-million investment to get ready for Bolt production. Orion will receive $160-million for tooling and equipment while Pontiac Metal Center Facilities will receive $40-million for new dies. The Bolt will be produced at the same facility that currently produces the Buick Verano and Chevrolet Spark

Chevrolet has not yet announced a model year or on sale target for the Bolt.

General Motors Says

Leveraging the industry-leading battery technology found in the Chevrolet Volt and Spark EV, the Bolt EV concept was developed as a game-changing, long-range pure electric for all 50 states, designed to offer more than a GM-estimated 200 miles of range at a target price of around $30,000.

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

BoltEV_1.jpeg

BoltEV_5.jpeg

Buick Verano & Chevy spark? I thought the Buick Encore was made at Orion with the Spark, and the Verano was made with the Cruze...

I am confused.

• Like 1

The Chevy Cruze is produced in Lordstown, Ohio. That is the only model built there.

• Like 1

You live Girard IIRC is close to there so you are probably right... I thought the Verano shared the platform with the Cruze tho... oh well...

Buick Verano & Chevy spark? I thought the Buick Encore was made at Orion with the Spark, and the Verano was made with the Cruze...

I am confused.

Spark is built in Changwon; South Korea; Cruze is made in Lordstown, OH; Verano shares the Orion, MI Plant with the Sonic.

but let's hope the Bolt doesn't fall into the same trap as its Bigger Brother the Volt: Its $30K Pricetag is only achievable with a massive Federal Tax Credit.

Edited by 09LowesSilverado

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Zane
      So, now that everyone has gotten a look at which trim levels Chevy will offer for 2019 on the Silverado..quick poll! 
    • By Leviaaronjones
      I've got a 2014 5.3L Silverado and yes it has the AFM I want it gone but for now I have to deal with it. I had a flowmaster 40 series installed and resonator cut off, and it is very quiet. I see no flapper valve so I am assuming that he cut it off to (which I was unaware of a flapper valve at the time). My question is, why is it so quiet? Does the AFM make that big of a difference In sound even when in v8? Is the flapper valve still there? Did the guy do something to make the truck quieter (we had a small disagreement while he was installing the system, and after he was done he said "if you ever want it louder we can cut off the 3rd cat"). Any help is greatly appreciated and I am going to try and put pics in the comments cuz it will not let me in the the post.
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com
      1/13/18

Chevrolet will live stream its official introduction of the next generation 2019 Chevrolet Silverado tonight at 6pm (Saturday, January 13th, 2018). Join us here to discuss the event as it unfolds live. I've embedded the live stream into this thread so it's easy to find and watch. See you here tonight!

EDIT: Now that the stream is over, check out an overview of the eight trim levels that the 2019 Silverado comes in.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com
      11/13/18

Hot off the press, Chevrolet just dropped a ton of new photos and info that we've all be waiting for. Here's your quick rundown of the eight trim levels that you'll be able to choose from when you buy your next Silverado. 

Didn't see Chevy's Livestream Unveiling of the 2019 Silverado? Watch it Here!

2019 Silverado 1500 Trim Levels

Work Truck features “CHEVROLET” graphic across the grille and tailgate, blacked-out trim and 17-inch steel wheels for maximum durability. The interior features durable vinyl or cloth seats and 7-inch color touch screen.

Custom features a body-color styling theme, 20-inch painted aluminum wheels, LED signature taillamps and available integrated dual exhaust.

Custom Trailboss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the Custom, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package with a locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

LT features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille and mirror caps, Chevrolet bowtie in the grille, LED reflector headlamps and signature daytime running lights. The interior features an 8-inch color touch screen and available leather seating surfaces

RST (new for 2019) brings a street-performance appearance to the LT, with body-color trim, full LED lighting (foglamps, headlamps and taillamps) and up to 22-inch wheels with all-season tires.

LT Trailboss (new for 2019) adds off-road equipment to the LT, including a 2-inch suspension lift and the Z71 Off Road Package, including locking rear differential, skid plates, Rancho shocks, 18-inch wheels and Goodyear Duratrac off-road tires.

LTZ features chrome accents on the bumpers, front grille, mirror caps, door handles and hockey-stick beltline as well as power folding and heated outside rearview mirrors. Leather interior trim is standard equipment.

High Country features an exclusive front grille design with two-tone chrome and bronze finish, body-color accents plus chrome assist steps from wheel to wheel. It also includes the power up/down tailgate as standard equipment. 

2019 Silverado Interior

2019 Silverado Additional Photos

The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is up to 450 pounds lighter than the previous model through the use of mixed materials.  Featuring fixed steel body components and aluminum swing panels (doors, hood, tailgate) the body is up to 88 pounds lighter.

The all-new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado features a fully boxed steel frame that is 88 pounds lighter than its predecessor, while offering 10 percent greater torsional rigidity. Eighty percent of the frame is made of high-strength steel varying from 2 to 5 millimeters in thickness, and every millimeter is optimized for performance using a variety of processes, including hydroforming, roll forming, conventional stamping and tailor-rolled blanking.