wiring 2014 Suburban 1500 LT

teddyv2

Question

My 2014 Suburban LT 1500 didn't come with Homelink in the roof console. Although the roof console has the mount for the Homelink transmitter there is no pigtail for the Homelink. Since Homelink is in many GM truck roof consoles, the wire loom feeds all of female connectors comming in. However the male connector that plugs in does not have a homelink pigtail commming out, but does have unused pin locations.

A Homelink has three wires: a 12v lead, a ground lead and an accessory lighting lead. Although Chevrolet Parts has no pigtail to retrofit a Homelink, it should be a simple matter to utilize the male connector's unused pin locations ... but which ones?

Does anyone have a GM diagram for the 2014 Chevrolet Suburban roof console wire loom that identifies the pin connections? Thanks to anyone who has any information.

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can post a picture of the connector I might be able to help find the terminal part numbers.

I'm posting a similar connector I pulled from the internet. If you need a better shot of the terminal, I can pull the console and take a shot of mine, but they are all pretty much look the same.

I'll be installing two pins in the terminal and will probably splice into the ground wire the way the factory seems to have done with the passenger side air bag ground wire.

post-55960-0-41801000-1424542599.png

The 150 and 280 seem almost interchangable. There weren't many terminals available for either except in quantities of a 6000 roll. I ordered 4 types of terminals so hopefully one of them fits. I wouldn't put this much thought into something as simple as the Homelink, but with every circuit feeding through the body control module, I'm going to greater lengths to connect properly. If none of the new terminals fits, I might run the wires to the left side 20amp fused cigarette/charge port circuit above the console where I think the BCM is less sensitive to voltage.

Service connector (pigtail) p/n for the 2014 Suburban factory homelink transmitter is 13505907. 3 wire, red/white for B+, brown/white is Instrument Panel Lamp Dimming Control, black for ground.

Thanks for the PN. But I wondering if the part is a 3 wire 6 foot retro fit pigtail. The parts diagram GM provides doesn't make any sense and the quote 65 for the part. Are you familiar with the part?

Thanks for the PN. But I wondering if the part is a 3 wire 6 foot retro fit pigtail. The parts diagram GM provides doesn't make any sense and the quote 65 for the part. Are you familiar with the part?

I would imagine that its like every other pigtail we order and its about a foot or so worth of lead. Definitely not 6 feet. They are basically service connectors for repair.

You "might" be able to install a GT 280 series terminal into a connector cavity for a GT 150 series terminal, BUT it will not mate to the other connector in your wiring harness.

Good luck! post back what you find.

Are you able to ID colors of the unused wires in the connector of your Suburban?

Grounds are usually black/white stripe, or solid black

Power usually red, red/white stripe

Lights usually tan.

Power could be found and verified with a test lamp, same for interior lights.

If you can ID the connector Mouser is a good source for terminals.

If you need to ID the opener leads and the are in a numbered connector:

1 power

2 lights

3 ground

Found the pins I need … have to spring for the minimum order of 15.00. While at the terminals and connectors site I had a look at the Delphi GT 150 block assembly and disassembly. After I crimp on the wires, am I understanding this correctly that you just push in the new pins till they click to lock position and that's it?

Archived