14/15 silverado - adding foglights

Hey Yall, so this thread HOPEFULLY could be a good repository for how-to add foglights to the 14-15 silverados that come without the foglight bumper.

Here's what I have so far:

Chrome foglight bumper w/o sensors: 22944859

Foglight Bezel (need left and right):22944877

Foglight Bezel (need left and right):22944878

Foglight Bucket (insert)(need left and right):22944875

Foglight Bucket (insert)(need left and right):22944876

Bumper Wire harnes w/o sensors: 23109810

Headlight switch w/ foglight button (Sivlerado Blue): 23187804

Foglight (need left and right)22872762

Foglight (need left and right)22872763

POSSIBLY: Forward Wire Harness w/ Foglight connector: 23124556

So far I only have my hands on the bumper. I will post pics of all this when I get it done but my question for all of you is this:

Foglights: same as an 08-13. I ordered a MUCH cheaper pair off ebay. $42 for both vs $120 for 1 from GM.

Forward wireharness: This harness includes your headlights, so it's a pretty big piece. Will need to confirm if this is needed. Looks like it is.

Total cost of this project is hard to determine. I'm buying parts where I can to save as much on it as possible. I would suggest doing the same as GM puts a high price on most of their parts. newgmparts.com seems to have better prices than some of the other GM parts places.

Edited by 00Silverado4x4
Member's request
  • Like 2

I think you'll be very disappointed in the factory fog light performance. You're going to spend hundreds to get two fog lights that put out about the same as a single $20 flashlight from Costco.

• Like 1

I think you'll be very disappointed in the factory fog light performance. You're going to spend hundreds to get two fog lights that put out about the same as a single $20 flashlight from Costco.

Yea, I've read this before and frankly from looking at the tiny little bulbs in there, I wouldn't be surprised.

For me however, this is about the look. Frankly, I don't even care if they work. :lol:

I have confirmed that the part #s for the foglights are 22872762 and 22872763. According to another thread on these forums, this is the same foglight used by the '15 tahoe, and as such, the same foglight as used by 08-13 silverados.

I will be ordering a set of cheaper ones off Ebay for this project.

newgmparts.com says the parts are on order.. so it may be a week or 2 before they arrive, but I'll document them when I get them.

There may be some nuts and bolts required for this that I do not have. I will document that as I go along too. Tractor supply and home depot will probably provide those where the parts have not.

From preliminary "study" (looking at pics :lol: and crawling under my own truck) it does NOT appear that my forward lamp harness contains the foglight output. If this is the case I will order that as well.It's about $150. I'm kind of surprised it wouldn't be there and just tied up somewhere like my towing package harness was.

spurshot: What are your thoughts on an LED bulb in the stock housing? Certainly its no rigid LED but it may help with light output no?

I have confirmed that the part #s for the foglights are 22872762 and 22872763. According to another thread on these forums, this is the same foglight used by the '15 tahoe, and as such, the same foglight as used by 08-13 silverados.

I will be ordering a set of cheaper ones off Ebay for this project.

newgmparts.com says the parts are on order.. so it may be a week or 2 before they arrive, but I'll document them when I get them.

There may be some nuts and bolts required for this that I do not have. I will document that as I go along too. Tractor supply and home depot will probably provide those where the parts have not.

From preliminary "study" (looking at pics :lol: and crawling under my own truck) it does NOT appear that my forward lamp harness contains the foglight output. If this is the case I will order that as well.It's about $150. I'm kind of surprised it wouldn't be there and just tied up somewhere like my towing package harness was.

spurshot: What are your thoughts on an LED bulb in the stock housing? Certainly its no rigid LED but it may help with light output no?

There are so many variations of LED bulbs out there now and more coming out all the time. Surely you will find something that you will be happy with. The issue is finding out before you buy. The only thing I will say is that I had a 2008 Silverado, probably with the same light, and put a HID kit in them. I think it was a worthless endeavor. I rarely used them because they were so bright and scattered light all over. When I was on highways in the 'boonies', I could turn them on, but if I shut them off for oncoming traffic, they would take a long time to re-light.

main post updated.

I ordered some 08-13 foglights today. They should be here before everything else more than likely.

One thing they keep talking about (they being GM parts depts) is a "connector" that is required to associate the foglight with the wire harness. Sounds dumb to me.. but they're like $30 each. I'm hoping I do not need them since the foglights I ordered seem to have it built in. But we shall see. I have the PN for it (and even the nut that goes on the back of the foglight) so I'll provide info on anything I come up with.

Edited by darkfox1

No updates on shipping of any of my parts today. I jacked the truck up and crawled under it, after looking at a lot of pictures of trucks, and watching a few videos about replacing bumpers, headlights etc. It appears that my GM parts folks are correct in their statement that I need the forward harness.

If someone with foglights could confirm, this that'd be AWESOME but.. it looks like the forward lamp harness on a factory foglight truck comes from the passenger side and mates with the bumper harness. I can't find any evidence that my truck has this output.

The harness itself runs about $150. I will probably be ordering it, but I want to wait until the parts I've already ordered arrive to catalog them and lay it all out.

I got word from a forum member today that he believes the BCM may need a reprogram to make the fogs work. I don't know about this, but.. it's something to think about. None of the GM dealers around here are going to really be any help to me in getting that info (it took them 4 tries to get my door trim correct) so.. we're kind of at a play-it-by-ear on that one. If I plug it all up and it doesn't work.. well we'll have to find out why. I know with things like remote start you need a GM authorization code to add the functionality. My truck has RPO AQQ so it has remote start prep, basically the BCM knows how to do it, it just isn't listening? I suppose? I can't imagine why they would do this with foglights though. It's so... mechanical. I would think every truck, w/t to LTz has the base capability of foglights.

Well I don't wanna put this info down here, but I can't edit the original post. So I'll do it this way and.. well.. I guess people will have to scroll :( I was hoping to avoid that.

At any rate, MORE INFO:

the foglight bezels:

Foglight Bezel (Black) (Pass.):22944877

Foglight Bezel (Black) (Driver):22944878

Foglight Bezel (Chrome) (Pass.):22944879

Foglight Bezel (Chrome) (Driver):22944880

I ordered black because I wanted the contrast (and it was the initial part # they gave me. I sought clarification.)

Edited by darkfox1

No updates on shipping of any of my parts today. I jacked the truck up and crawled under it, after looking at a lot of pictures of trucks, and watching a few videos about replacing bumpers, headlights etc. It appears that my GM parts folks are correct in their statement that I need the forward harness.

If someone with foglights could confirm, this that'd be AWESOME but.. it looks like the forward lamp harness on a factory foglight truck comes from the passenger side and mates with the bumper harness. I can't find any evidence that my truck has this output.

The harness itself runs about $150. I will probably be ordering it, but I want to wait until the parts I've already ordered arrive to catalog them and lay it all out.

I got word from a forum member today that he believes the BCM may need a reprogram to make the fogs work. I don't know about this, but.. it's something to think about. None of the GM dealers around here are going to really be any help to me in getting that info (it took them 4 tries to get my door trim correct) so.. we're kind of at a play-it-by-ear on that one. If I plug it all up and it doesn't work.. well we'll have to find out why. I know with things like remote start you need a GM authorization code to add the functionality. My truck has RPO AQQ so it has remote start prep, basically the BCM knows how to do it, it just isn't listening? I suppose? I can't imagine why they would do this with foglights though. It's so... mechanical. I would think every truck, w/t to LTz has the base capability of foglights.

If its wired as factory it absolutely needs BCM programming, we can handle that though.