Adding Garage Door Opener

It is pretty much a direct fit I believe. have a look on ebay for one, I think they are going for around $100 bucks used. I thought about doing this too, but couldnt decide if $100 for a button is worth it considering i can just clip the opener on my visor

I just took my old clip-on visor garage door clicker and put it in the useless sunglass holder in the overhead. Just pop it open and push the button. Voila!

Useless to you, use mine all the time.

Wear glasses, and the transitional glasses don't work in truck. So I keep a pair of prescription polarized Ray Bans in there. Handy to leave my regular ones in there when I go boating as well.

If you can get homelink I would, better than having your GDO clicker in the truck. One of the things thieves look for is the GDO clicker so they can steal them and come back later and open your garage door and get what they want.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have an old console they don’t want anymore?  I’m mainly looking for the ambient led that’s mounted in the overhead console. Also curious if a dremel will give the glasses holder any more space. 

On 2/22/2015 at 5:34 PM, TheTunaHunter said:

Does anyone know if I can add an OEM garage door opener to my LT trimmed Silverado? I know the 900 guys have and its plug-n-play (link)

Hoping its that simple for the 14/15's and I can keep my interior factory looking. Thanks in advance ! :cheers:

Yep! I did it, see here.

15 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Does anyone have an old console they don’t want anymore?  I’m mainly looking for the ambient led that’s mounted in the overhead console. Also curious if a dremel will give the glasses holder any more space. 

I have my old one I pulled out when I did the homelink one, you want to buy? :)

Archived