Under rail LED bed lights

I tried searching all over the internet but can't seem to find proof under rail bed lights exist in the 2500 truck line. My build sheet shows they should be included on the Denali and both gmc/chevy websites support that they are available for the 2500's but it appears they are not installed on my truck. Anyone here have a 2015 2500 with under rail LED lights from the factory? The gm brochure shows the lights but I only see them installed on the 2015 1500 trucks.

Yep got them on mine. Are they on your window sticker or if you look in the glove box for the build tag is the RPO UF2?

Yep, I have the option. Apparently they are a dealer installed item and they must have left a connector loose. Anyone have the provided install instruction from GM? Hard to imagine they can mess up bed lights but they did.

I tried searching all over the internet but can't seem to find proof under rail bed lights exist in the 2500 truck line. My build sheet shows they should be included on the Denali and both gmc/chevy websites support that they are available for the 2500's but it appears they are not installed on my truck. Anyone here have a 2015 2500 with under rail LED lights from the factory? The gm brochure shows the lights but I only see them installed on the 2015 1500 trucks.

Yes, 2015 2500 not denali, ordered and factory installed

I have a 2015 2500 Denali and have both the under bed lighting as well as the puddle lamps on the mirrors.

I also have both on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD... (factory installed).

I also have both on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD... (factory installed).

And there is a toggle switch on the center console for turning on the bed lights.

I figured it out. The lights are there but the dealer did a horrible job installing the wiring. Not only did they leave the wires loose from the lights to the connector, they also bent the connector pin so that the ground wasn't making contact. I got that fixed but realized they broke part of the inside connector plastic surround. The connector won't lock on to the female end. I will call tomorrow to have them give me a new harness and hope that solves the issue for good. If the new connector won't lock in place I guess the bus bar will need replaced. Ridiculous that I have to do this on a brand new truck.

• 1 month later...

Archived