Anyone try a JL Audio stealth box yet?

I am overall very happy with the Bose system in my truck, but I wouldn't mind a little more bass. I have found that JL Audio makes one that fits under my rear sears without losing any function of the folding rear seat. But, before I spend $1200 on the box, plus an amp, install etc, I wanted see if anyone has/had one, and their thoughts.

Here's the model number I'm looking at

SB-GM-SLVCC3/10TW3/BK

Thanks in Advance!

Honestly I would make my own WAY before I spent $1200. I built 2 boxes for my 07 classic crew cab to fit 2 12' subs. made it out of 3/4in MDF the when I was done I bought some fiberglass resin and coated the insides of both boxes. wrapped them in cheap black felt so they looked decent what little you could see. maybe cost me $50. did they look like something you could buy? No, but i'm not trying to win any awards. I wanted something that fit under the back seat and held a sub with enough volume inside of them per the sub recommendations.

The resin will seal the box very well and having bought sub boxes in the past everyone I had leaked air out of them somewhere. I'm not sure of your skill level, but it's very simple to make one and the beauty of it is you can make it however big or small you want.

Before you spend that kind of money you should look at a fox box by fox acoustics. I had the dual 10" ported box in my 2010 blue oval crew cab. I ran with 2 10" kicker comp vr's and it was killer man. I was looking hard at the stealth box, but decided to give the fox box a try, since a lot of guys were saying great things about them on another forum; and it was like $200. They also had the logo embedded in the center of the box, it was a nice touch.

-Skeet

Any more info on this?

Have a look on the GM accessories site, here is a link to the 2 kicker packages, there is a couple of threads on the 1500 forum I believe as well with some info, sounds like it works decent and is pretty plug and play but is rather pricey.

http://www.gmcaccessories.com/en-US/All-New%202015%20Sierra%20HD/2015/Accessories/Electronics/Audio%20-%20Associated%20Accessories/

Thanks for the info. It was my understanding the Kicker stuff would only work with the non Bose systems. I'll have to talk to the dealer to make sure these will work with the Bose system. And it looks like they have a 200 and 400 watt system if I'm reading that right, is that what you see?

There are 2 systems, to my understanding one is just a subwoofer and the other is a subwoofer with additional amp for door speakers. I don't think there there is any reason why you couldn't use the subwoofer only system on a Bose equipped truck? Check out there thread on the 1500 forum I think this is the link to it, i'm sure there is more info in that thread http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/161308-kicker-soundgate-upgrade/?hl=kicker

There's a couple threads on the 1500k2 forum about the kicker setup. A few of them had success installing into a Bose equipped truck. Super expensive for the setup but it is oem. If you are looking to get more bass, this may not be the route you want. The guys that installed it were mixed on the reviews of the performance after install vs the price paid for the setup. That kind of money can get you a whole lot of aftermarket bass, but it all depends on what your looking to get from some subs.

-Skeet

• 4 weeks later...

I've order this set up from a local shop I've been doing business with since 1999. (god I feel old having to put the 19 in front of 99) Did you go ahead and have this installed, if so did you like it?

I'm going with that box and the HD 750/1 amp.

I am overall very happy with the Bose system in my truck, but I wouldn't mind a little more bass. I have found that JL Audio makes one that fits under my rear sears without losing any function of the folding rear seat. But, before I spend $1200 on the box, plus an amp, install etc, I wanted see if anyone has/had one, and their thoughts.

Here's the model number I'm looking at
SB-GM-SLVCC3/10TW3/BK

Thanks in Advance!

I've order this set up from a local shop I've been doing business with since 1999. (god I feel old having to put the 19 in front of 99) Did you go ahead and have this installed, if so did you like it?

I'm going with that box and the HD 750/1 amp.

I didn't do anything yet. Still weighing out my options.

I will let you know what I think, it will be installed Monday.

Awesome, can't wait to hear your opinion.

Awesome, can't wait to hear your opinion.

The local audio shop I went to has been around for 30 + years is one of the top in the greater Tampa Bay area. With all that said, the sound system sounds like SHIT now, I am taking it back to them tomorrow to try to fix it again after playing with it for over 3 hours with me on site.

So far I've gotten a lot of smoke blown up my ass about causes. The one thing everyone can agree on is that the system sounds bad.

I'll keep you up to date, but I would avoid this at all cost at this point.

The local audio shop I went to has been around for 30 + years is one of the top in the greater Tampa Bay area. With all that said, the sound system sounds like SHIT now, I am taking it back to them tomorrow to try to fix it again after playing with it for over 3 hours with me on site.

So far I've gotten a lot of smoke blown up my ass about causes. The one thing everyone can agree on is that the system sounds bad.

I'll keep you up to date, but I would avoid this at all cost at this point.

Just get the plug and play Kicker that is made for the Bose and be done...

Archived